INstalled Alky, got no alky chip...

cabech984

I just installed an alcohol kit from Razor, I have a TT 93 street chip as well as a TT 110 Race chip. Which should I use for a base to tune from? I'd be sending in the other chip to get reprogrammed for alky and pump gas.

Thanks for looking,
Chris

i would wait till you get an alky chip. with your current chips you are going to run fat as soon as the alky kicks on

Yeah? I could just run the race chip with race gas until I get an alky chip, couldnt I? I havent had the car out on the road for four months, it should be running tomorrow night and I dont wanna wait another week to run it!

You could run the street chip with no problems. Erics alky chip is basically a street chip with more timing 23/20. Im running this same setup with goos results iv also called Eric to confirm this.

yes go run the street chip and change the timing to 23/21 and go and have fun. i ran that street chip all last summer and had no issues

Thats what I though Eric told me this spring when I bought the kit. Either way, Im waiting on a coil pack to arrive and hopefully my sputtering problem will be gone. Had a broken/loose terminal on the old coil pack causing a decent misfire. I need to baseline/tune the alky kit too! I also have an alky chip in the mail from TT so either way, Ill be rollin for sure!

i wasnt saying he would have issues. problem is its going to run rich.