install

scottk

Any body have to drop their lower trailing arms to install the HRsway bar? can Ijust unbolt the arm from the axle and swing the arm down one side at a time so i can drill the holes. Not happy with the stubby drills they supply you with!

no need.......

Any body have to drop their lower trailing arms to install the HRsway bar? can Ijust unbolt the arm from the axle and swing the arm down one side at a time so i can drill the holes. Not happy with the stubby drills they supply you with!
No need to drop the trailing arms. The "stubby drills" will make it easier to drill
with in close/tight area(s) under the car.

I dont have a drill small enough to drill the outer hole ,without hitting the control arm! Ihave measured 10 times for location !

I dont have a drill small enough to drill the outer hole ,without hitting the control arm! Ihave measured 10 times for location !

11th times a charm , measure again . make sure youve got the brackets on the right side of bar according to instructions

there should be no problem . i dont even bother measuring anymore other then to evenly space the axle brackets measured from the backer plates

i install the assembled bar to the rear completely , then slide the upper frame brackets on the heim ends and then swing them up to the frame eyeballling the heim ends for level and mark the bracket to frame with a sharpie , then swing them away and using the backer plate mark hole centers and drill ..test your holes with the plate making sure bolts slide through frame straight . i use a dewalt heavy duty 1/2" drill , never had a problem drillling them with mufflers or LC arms in place
and it really doesnt matter how how straight you get the outer holes as long as they're big enough for the bolts as the bolts will go through the frame into the reinforcement plate

drilling

you may check and see if you can buy a right angle adapter for your drill. They do come in handy when you have tight area's and are normally fitted for a 1/4 inch type bit. I have one just in case, i never really used it with the exception of a few times but when i did, i was happy i bought it.

The problem i have is the outer hole ! My measurements are rite on !The 7/16 drill they supplied is too big for my drill. Idont want to buy a drill ,Ill have to get a different drill bit . Ill try to install as suggested