install gauges in a digital dash

QUIP'6'

Brian Roman
my dash suck it comes on and off and i hate the look as well. i decided to install a auto meter ultra II speedometer along with boost and fuel level. the speedo in middle and the fuel level and boost in upper corners since i only have a 3 3/8 x 8 inch window. want to keep side idiot lights. what do i need to install the speedo to run correctly for ecu and cable? thanks

if you have a digital dash, then you've already got a VSS mounted in the trans.. use the factory signal wires from that up in the dash to hook up an electric speedo.. if the Regals are anything like most other GM cars of the era with electric speedos, the factory VSS wires will be a pair of wires that are twisted together that run from the tailshaft of the trans up into the firewall.. there should be instructions on the Auto Meter website to do it.

i thought the digital dash cars had a rare and irreplaceable VSS that popped right into the trans where the cable would go with a regular speedo cluster?

i know the VSS on regular cars is built into the speedo head and that you need to buy an aftermarket inline VSS or do some custom chopping to a stock speedo head to keep it and run an aftermarket speedo and keep the ecm happy.

i thought the digital dash cars had a rare and irreplaceable VSS that popped right into the trans where the cable would go with a regular speedo cluster?
Nope,regular cable,and mechanical odometer.VSS is on the back,just like on the analog speedometer.