Inst lights out on 87 t.

dlo

I have no instrument lights in my dash. I located the 5 amp inst fuse in the panel, and could not get voltage off the fuse. I removed the fuse and did not have voltage on either side of the fuse holders. I did this with car running and lights activated. Any ideas anyone?

I have a dash power problem too but my tach and boost guages (bars) work when the headlights are off and stop as soon as the headlights are turned on by the switch or the twilight sentinel. Did you find a solution?

Check your tail lamp operation.

The 20A tail lamp fuse feeds the 5A Inst. lamp fuse.

I have a dash power problem too but my tach and boost guages (bars) work when the headlights are off and stop as soon as the headlights are turned on by the switch or the twilight sentinel. Did you find a solution?
When you turn on your headlights, is your instrument lights on the dash out? If so, one of the common shorts is the shift indicator light wire under the center console. It breaks from the constant shifting and shorts to the floor or shifter bracket.

For what it is worth...when I got my Regal in early July none of the interior lights were working, the PO had stated that he could not get working while he owned the car, even with a replaced dimmer switch. When I went to pull the 5A fuse it looked like it was jammed in crooked. I removed the plastic under the dash in the and verified the instrument lamp circuit, I reinstalled to same 5A fuse with more care to make sure both tabs went into the fuse block connection and all lights began to work and have worked since.

My boost and tach bar gauges did the exact same thing that fgordons did...with the lights off the bars would work, with the lights on they didnt work at all....since straghtening the fuse everything is working.