Running lights cut out!

SITHV6

Move against the Jedi 1st
Was at a Wendy's drive thru at night with the 86 Ttype when I noticed my gauge lights went out. Little did I realize when I got home to park in the garage, the running lights were out too! I had dodged a bullet by not getting caught without running tail lights! Is there a specific fuse I missed or is this a common problem?

I bought the service manual the day I picked up my car, that book has saved me thousands. :cool:
Thanks.
The actual order of the circuit is Fusible Link B at the starter feeds the 20A Tail Lamps fuse through the buklhead C100 connector, that fuse powers the light switch, the Park lamps circuit light switch output powers the dimmer rheostat for the dash lamps which goes through the 5A fuse and out to the various dash lamp wires.

I bought the service manual the day I picked up my car, that book has saved me thousands. :cool:
Thanks.
The actual order of the circuit is Fusible Link B at the starter feeds the 20A Tail Lamps fuse through the buklhead C100 connector, that fuse powers the light switch, the Park lamps circuit light switch output powers the dimmer rheostat for the dash lamps which goes through the 5A fuse and out to the various dash lamp wires.
Waaaay back in the day, I had bought a GM Service manual from ATR that was over 3 inches thick and all loose single pages. After Looking at the fuse panel diagram and seeing more than a few labeled as "lights" and "Inst guages"....I decided to treat her to the latest illuminated fuses that light up when blown. Changed out EVERY fuse to a fresh new one! STIIL No running lights. Looks like its time to start following wire leads, huh? That or I may have messed up pressing a fuse in somehow. The car has had a Clifford alarm in it decades ago, so there's a Lot of extra wires plummed into the fuse box...this ought to be...fun!

I'd go to the switch and see if it has continuity. Contacts get corroded and worn with use and sitting. See about the power at the switch and if it is getting through when it is switched.

Have you checked the ground wire in the trunk on the driver side near the rear inner finder ? Make sure its a good ground.

Yup the switch would be the next thing to check, both the dash lights and the parking lights go out of it.
The orange wire is the feed to the switch from the 20A fuse and the Brown wire is the output to all the lamps.
Switch should be ON with switch in headlamps and park positions of the switch.