Inspection cover part number

Put an ad in the parts wanted section and someone will sell you one cheap.

Don't bother with GBodyparts his service sucks. Just do a search on it and you'll see that he has more negative feedback than positive.

Gbody has more variety than most any one else,
they are not amazon, ( next day)
and ship via normal carriers,
the carriers are who are not the most prompt.

Hey Mods, DO YOU ALLOW SUPPORTING VENDOR BASHING??

mike has warned me about being polite,
well???

Hey Mods, DO YOU ALLOW SUPPORTING VENDOR BASHING??

I'm not bashing GBODY, I shared my experience and told him to do a search that would confirm that they aren't the most stellar vendor on this board. It's only bashing if you don't tell the truth.

Can you name one other vendor on this board with more negative feedback than GBODY??

There is nothing wrong with warning a fellow member that you may or not have issues with a certain vendor. Let him and others do a search in the vendors section and make up their own mind on which vendor/s are providing the best service.

PS: OP put your request in the parts wanted section like I said and you might get a better price than offered above and more people will see it.

You may even want to contact a vendor that sells transmissions like Dave of TURBO BUICK PERFORMANCE or others.

I've also seen them on flea bay for 20/30 bucks.

Last edited:
they have a section for " vendor comments"
which you have so frequently used, but then, that would insinuate you complain alot !

You guys need to read the post and answer the question if you know the answer. This isn't the part of the forum for rating vendor service.

Okay I will answer the question as directly as I can.

The part number is irrelevant if trying to buy one from GM or other supplier.

The only covers you can get from GM are plastic, not metal like the original if they even still sell those, and the aftermarket uses their own part numbers most of the time.

If the OP can't find a metal cover at a fair price I will sell him one of mine or find him one.

Another avenue in finding a surplus cover may be to contact a trans shop/builder, vendor or local shop, who may have a few laying around in their core pile.

I'm not trying to start :poop: just trying to help him find one by posting in the right area of the forum [which he did] and avoid a potential bad experience from a vendor that has not had a very good reputation in the past few years.

Last edited: