Inside driver door schematics?

Black Sunshine

Slacker
Hi, something inside my door broke or just came off because I can not open the door from the outside only inside. There is all kinds of noise whenever I move the door. The guy I have do my work isn't familiar with the setup and is skittish about getting in there without knowing what to expect. I only have the chassis manual not the body manual so I don't have anything for him to go off on. If anybody here can post some pics or useful info that would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

There's a rod that runs from the handle to the lock. It's held in place by a piece of 'snap together' plastic. Sounds like yours came loose on one end and the other end is banging around in the door.

The repair is less trouble than pulling the door panel.

Probably too late but...

gbodydoor_zps901ce282.jpg

Looks like #17 is my guess on the culprit. You can probably get to it by only popping the top half of the door panel off.

Occurred on the black car here last fall. #17 was the culprit. The end where it goes through the hole in the handle is grooved for a retaining clip. Clip fell off and the rod popped out of the handle. Hole in handle is on upper right in the picture (#14).

Open the door and rock it back and forth. If it sounds like a metal click on glass, that's it.

Was able to get to it and put a new clip on by pulling the upper door panel. Help rack had a small package of clips.

RemoveBeforeFlight