Innovative wideband

gnmaster2004

I keep fouling out wideband sensor. on the third one now. Very few miles, I have it mounted all the way down the down pipe. Have changed it to the top
of pipe. Please help.

How is it mounted? What what a/f readings are you getting?

Run unleaded fuel and meth and it wont foul.

maybe your cruise a/f is too rich???????????

Air fuel readings are fine, lean cruise fuel. Sensor is mounted where cat used to be. at 10 oclock position

May be a dumb question, but, are you letting the car warm up a bit before you fire up the WB with a cold/cool engine ?? There's been alot of discussion about the damage condensation will do to the sensor

see my post about error message...you should let the car warm up before turning it on. I'll read better next time!

How do the new cars that come with WB sensors handle this issue? Is it on a timer or something?

S10xGN said:
How do the new cars that come with WB sensors handle this issue? Is it on a timer or something?
The ecm will ignore the output until the sensor is under the proper operating parameters.

Not to mention the WB's come online pretty quickly, usually well under 1min so new cars could go into closed loop fuel control much quicker even if they're still in warm up fueling mode. Ours cars only go into C/L based on coolant temp which is usually programmed to happen in the 120-135 degree range which can be an easy 4-5 mins depending on ambient conditions during which the car is running off of hard coded warmup fuel parameters in the chip. Anyway you slice it having a WB and knowing what your fueling is actually doing is very, nice don't think I'd want to do w/o one now.