??injectors??

smooth87

BATMAN
i have two injectors on my 87 that have a red ring around the top.. and the rest are just black... wtf? i dont know if the injectors have ever been upgraded/changed. could anybody tell me what kind of injectors i might have?? and how big are 009's? i read about blue tops all the time (36lb. right?) help me.. im new to the turbo and electronic car world. i really appreciate your help.

oh yeah.. i was thinking about upgrading to an adjustable waste gate.(what is that fluttering noise?)im already running around 15-16 psi of boost. how much boost could i squeeze out on a stock chip without nearing "the gorge of eternal peril"? ive got a few addon doo-dads here and there.

http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/pictureguides/injectors/injectors.html

this may help w/your injector question somewhat although it doesnt have the pics of the red ones it sounds like Tomoco 40# redstripe injectors. my ffriend has 55# Siemans on his TTA and they are all black like you describe. they could also be stock ones. i just looked at my old stockers and they are black. some people paint the stripes on other injectors to appear stock also. your problem sounds like someone either forgot to paint two injectors or two were bad so they replaced them w/40# red stripes. which cylinders have the red stripes on them? these cars are known to lean out more in the back 2 cylinders b/c of the plenum design, this is what the RJC powerplate is for:) maybe this was the previous owner's way of "fixing" the lean out in the back 2 cylinders.

before turning up the boost (you are at stock boost levels) go over the spring cleaning section on www.gnttype.org http://www.gnttype.org/maint/basics.html and get a boost guage, hi performance fuel pump, and scantool to tune your car and watch whats going on as far as knock and all the sensor settings go. you dont want to start breaking stuff on your car by getting a bunch of knock. that fluttering noise is normal. its the air going back out through the filter b/c our cars dont have BOV's to release the air pressure from the intake when the throttle is let off of in boost b/c in an automatic car you dont have to release the gas to shift so no boost/spool is lost therefore no BOV is needed.

HTH:D

ok.. i just went out to my car.. turns out i have 4 injectors with the red stripe.. but they have 2 different numbers on them... and thenthere are 2 black ones.. but they have different numbers on them too.. and i pulled the computer out again.. i found what i was looking for.. the chip has an "RN" on it. i pulled it out and the sticker on the back has a handprinted "spiorhf-40lb." anybody have any ideas on where i can find out what my codes mean.. both for the chip and the injectors.. two red injectors say D1163AA, and the other red ones say 621030.. then the black ones are D3165AA and 621037.. this is all very greek to me.. i just want to find out if they are all the same size of injector.. and knowing the specs for the chip couldnt hurt either.. any info would be greatly appreciated.. thanks guys.

well according to this http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/fuelsystem/injflow.html there are 2 different types of 40# injectors. one is by bosch and one is by lucas (red stripe). i havent a clue on the chip but it seems to confirm you have 40# injectors unless its been re-burnt but in that case i would think the chip would be re-labeled also. RN...maybe a custom burnt chip by Ralph Nader to reduce emissions??? j/k:D

man my car rules!! i just keep finding cool stuff! when i bought it i only know that it had a big MAF, k&n, a new waste gate, HKS turbo save, boost and tach on the A-pillar, a 4 channel amplifier that i've never gotten to work, and that enormous intercooler.. oh.. and the one header(accompanied by the one still in a bag) and the down pipe,.. since then i've found the kyb shocks, flowmaster exhaust, cross-drilled rotors, driveshafte safety loop, long standard thread studs on the back.. now the chip and 40#'ers. this car is freakin sweet!! THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!!!

oh yeah.. and the tranny was modified too.. but that blew up.. and i got it rebuilt... its a friggen beast, and the 2400 stall doesnt hurt:D