Injectors?

"Reaper"

Gone To The Dark Side
Needing to up grade my injectors. I have 60lb now and needing bigger. Is 80 the biggest I can go on a stock ECM?

Shaun

I believe 80's are the biggest.

I think Bob has some ecm drivers if you wanted to go bigger.

They make high impedance 160's now but I hear they are not recommended. I have 80's and they seem to work well. 80's should be big enough for your combo, you may need more fuel pump.

I have the Walbro 340 would I need a dual pump?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

It depends on the rest of your system and duty cycle. I had a single Walbro 255 with stock lines and Bosch regulator and it was not enough. I switched to a Deatchworks pump and an Accufab regulator and it still was not enough. I was running E85 at near 100% DC however. I knew it was not enough by looking at a cowl mount mechanical fuel pressure gauge. When I floored it the needle on the gauge would bounce back and forth rapidly. I switched to the dual in tank 255's and a -8 feed with a -6 return. Same tune. Now the cowl mount mechanical gauge is steady at WOT.

It depends on the rest of your system and duty cycle. I had a single Walbro 255 with stock lines and Bosch regulator and it was not enough. I switched to a Deatchworks pump and an Accufab regulator and it still was not enough. I was running E85 at near 100% DC however. I knew it was not enough by looking at a cowl mount mechanical fuel pressure gauge. When I floored it the needle on the gauge would bounce back and forth rapidly. I switched to the dual in tank 255's and a -8 feed with a -6 return. Same tune. Now the cowl mount mechanical gauge is steady at WOT.

So to change to -8 do you gave to change out the fuel tank sending unit?

Run the Siemens 80's @ LS fuel psi of 60#, and get a hi imp inj @ 94pph??

What do you mean on the second part chuck?

On the first part your saying run the 80's at the same PSI I was running the 60's now?

So to change to -8 do you gave to change out the fuel tank sending unit?

That's how I did it. I bought the Racetronix dual pump kit that comes with a new sending unit with -8 and -6 AN fittings welded to the unit. If you run a -8 all the way back to the pump and shove the line over the fitting on the stock sending unit and clamp it I would think that would be a restriction. There are probably plenty of people with combos similar to yours running stock lines with a good single pump or dual pumps and 60 lb injectors spraying alcohol on pump gas down into the 10's. If you are running out of fuel with 60's spraying alcohol I would look to see if there are other issues.

Look at your data log. If you are at WOT and max RPM and you're running on the lean side and your injector duty cycle is at 100% then you are out of fuel.

What do you mean on the second part chuck?

On the first part your saying run the 80's at the same PSI I was running the 60's now?

The 80's are rated at 43.5psi, like the Buick. If you take that same inj, and run it at 60psi, you now have a 94# inj.

Look at your data log. If you are at WOT and max RPM and you're running on the lean side and your injector duty cycle is at 100% then you are out of fuel.

That's my problem now I'm running at 95-105 %. That's why I was thinking of going to 80's. At WOT my fuel needle is steady @72-75psi for 27 lbs of boost.

Then I would try turning up your base fuel pressure to see if that helps. 80's would probably be a good idea for the long run. Running the duty cycle that high leaves little margin for error.

That's what I was thinking also. Just wasn't sure about the pump keeping up.