Injectors 75#s or 84#s

G McCall

I need new injectors.
My combo ran fine with old 72# injectors. One injector failed and I am going to order a new set.
I see for sale 75# and 84# injectors.
Is there any advantage between the two. I plan on staying in the low 10s with this car and still drive the car on the street occassionally.

GM

Originally posted by G McCall
I need new injectors.
My combo ran fine with old 72# injectors. One injector failed and I am going to order a new set.
I see for sale 75# and 84# injectors.
Is there any advantage between the two. I plan on staying in the low 10s with this car and still drive the car on the street occassionally.

What kind of Duty Cycle are you running with your current setup?.

If your running high 80s, low 90s then stepping up a size might be warranted. But if your in the mid 80s, or less, then I'd vote for staying where you are size wise.

IMO, there ain't a whole lotta difference in 72 to like 75s, or 82s to 84s.

Bruce,
The car was set up and recently tuned by Bill Duke in Saginaw, Texas right before we went to the Buick/Ford showdown in Noble Oklahoma last October. I honestly did not ask about the duty cycle of the injectors, but I am going to find out.
In the mean time, I have ordered the 84s since "I say" I am going to stay at this performance level but I am never satisfied......and I'm already thinking, what next.
I sure appreciate the input though and I'm sure others do as well.

In the future, the few remaining TRs, gutted hulks having no resemblance whatsoever to what could be seen in America's showrooms in the late 80s, will have 160s...

:D

Originally posted by strikeeagle
In the future, the few remaining TRs, gutted hulks having no resemblance whatsoever to what could be seen in America's showrooms in the late 80s, will have 160s...

:D

don't forget Aluminum Blocks ;)
(If blocks are resonably priced )