Injector swap

That GN Guy

I had an injector go bad and I'm wondering what my options are. They are Siemens 3102 55lb low impedance. The car is in another state and I'm going to have a shop install whatever I order. The problem is that those injectors are no longer produced. Would it be a bad idea to switch to high impedance? I never opened up the pcm to see if it was modded, but those old injectors did last a long time.
I don't want to have the injectors rebuilt, to change anything with the setup or pcm, just a simple injector swap. What would you do?

The stock ECM is designed for high impedance injectors if u installed low impedance you might have fried your drivers . I would go with some 80lbs high impedance injectors and make sure what ever h go with to have a chip burnt for it

The car was modified many years ago by someone else. I'd like a safe option with no other modifications. A helpful option would be a source for similar sized low z injectors, or knowing if high z would do the same job without major issues. I know throttle response and idle quality might drop a bit with high z.

A few months ago I went from low impedance 55's to high impedance 80's with no change in drive ability.

Advances in technology makes modern day high z injectors an option to replace your low z injectors with virtually no downside. I concur with dank GN. Get a set of high impedance 80's or 60's depending on your build and future plans and be done.

Thanks for the suggestions. Would 60s require pcm work going up from 55s or is that close enough for the pcm to figure out? The car has alcohol injection and direct port nitrous, so if the 55s worked I don't feel a need to step up. Future plans are stay as is mechanically, get a paint job, and fix some worn out stuff.

Again the stock computer runs high Z injectors if u run low Z injectors it will destroy your ECM . You need to have a modification to run low impedance injectors . Buy some 80s high Z injectors that will be enough fuel to support future upgrades. You need a chip from turbotweak.com to match any injector u decided on or your car will run like shit . Goodly luck

Thanks for the suggestions. Would 60s require pcm work going up from 55s or is that close enough for the pcm to figure out? The car has alcohol injection and direct port nitrous, so if the 55s worked I don't feel a need to step up. Future plans are stay as is mechanically, get a paint job, and fix some worn out stuff.
Your current ECM (even if it was modified to run low impedance injectors) will work with the high impedance 60's.