Injector question

DANMAN

Im running 65lb injectors on my combo with a 70 gtq turbo. I was wondering if that size injector is sufficient for that turbo. Rest of combo is in sig.

Im running 65lb injectors on my combo with a 70 gtq turbo. I was wondering if that size injector is sufficient for that turbo. Rest of combo is in sig.

you have nice combo here what's missing in my opinion is fuel control system like Fast so you can see your injector duty cycle against alky injection and have Fast wide bend to control it at specific AFR , alky can add 25% fuel on top of your injectors , running safely at 80/85 % injector duty cycle plus alky should take you there .I have heard of people running 10.1 -10.2 with 50's and dual nozzle alky so 65's with dual nozzle should take you into 9's ,it seems that way at least :rolleyes:

dont see any fuel mods , the single pump (assume its 340/ 255l ) will be maxed before the injectors reach 100% ,
at 80% the pump if healthy should be capable of keeping up and at 80% should support 10.50s at almost 130 with average regal weight of 3550-3600 (fuel only no alky )

if your plans arent low 10s or faster or just for street they should be fine

with razor alky and dual nozzles the 60s have been just into the 9.9s (137mph @1320ft) on a single pump, and just recently a pass of 9.62 143 was done on a single pump with razor alky running 83s but his pump was coming up short as his injectors jumped to 100% to try to maintain AF (running fast with o2 correction) when he should have been ok at only 83% duty if he had the fuel supply up to par (thats approx 68lb/hr per injector so a 60# injector(rated as high as 65lb/hr) would be at max needing over 100%duty and would have come up short and afs would have gone toward lean even if the fuel supply was in place)
these examples imho were on the edge fuel wise , better to have a 20% margin on fuel supply and injectors...
the cost to upgrade the 20% safety factor will seem cheap compared to the cost if you go lean and torch a piston or worse and at that point once you get the motor fixed you'll have to do the fuel/injectors upgrade anyway

personally i like the 75msd or 83s for that turbo and feel better with twins in the tank

Fuel delivery is only a problem when your trying to max out your combination.

Example if you ran the car at 15 PSi, stock injectors would be fine. Your turbo is not the reason for injectors, your HP is.

If your goal is low 11's.. no problem. Low 10's.. then your pump has to be healthy as well as your alky system.

You listed "alky" in your sig.. but that can mean a lot of things from a windshield washer pump to??? DIY kits, efi type pump kits, some of the cheaper kits on the market, running washer fluid/mixes, etc.. wont allow the motor to get it done.

I had a customer with those injectors, single walbro, 66 gtq, run high 9's at 138

Thanks for all your replies. I do have simple fuel mods. It is hotwired and has a supra pump in tank. As for the alky it comes on at a certain boost pressure and stays on. It is not a progressive system. I plan on getting a razor kit soon. I'm not trying to set the world on fire by pushing this combo to the limit. It's mostly a street car that sees the track once in a while. I just wanted to make sure that I'm on the right track here. Thanks again. :)