Injector Question

Dan Buick Man

Buick lover
I need to replace my stock injectors due to leakage. I have no plans for any major upgrades, possibly some minor mods down the road. I want some room to move up but want it to run well right now. The engine is a fresh rebuild, all stock specs. I have a new fuel pump coming. Any suggestions on what size injectors to use? Looking to upgrade the chip as well, if necessary. I did a search and there were about a million threads on injectors. I live at about 5000 feet if that matters. Looking for suggestions. Thanks. I know there was some info on this on gnttype.org but I want some info right now. (just came into some cash the wife hasn't found yet)

If you are close to stock and you KNOW you want to stay that way, get 36 pounders. If you think you might upgrade significantly in the future, get 50 or 60 pounders. I'd get more injector than you need just in case you get bit by the bug and want to have a low 12 second street car :D

Injectors are getting cheaper..I just sold my 50's for $250 shipped, wait around and you'll find a good deal and may as well go for the 50's. Won't have to worry about them again.

36 lb (aka bluetops), Lucas 42-43 lb (aka 009's) and MSD 50 will be readily available and there shouldn't be a good chip maker that doesn't have a good handle on all of them.

I'll make you a deal on a set of stockers with 28K miles on them, just email me. I put them up right last spring and had no issues, just went bigger (Lucas 43) and those are for sale now too.

Tom

Unless you plan on a larger turbo or any serious mods 36 lbs would be more than enough.