ING direct "Orange savings"

y26

HAs anyone had experienced with this? I'm looking for an alternative to my Money Market account.

Thanks

Glad you posted this up....

My old bank really upset me and they got strike 3 from me back in 03, i removed my cash and went with the old reliable bank.

Well apparently as of friday at 4pm, old reliable was closed till monday afternoon, and i needed 2k cash for a toolbox saturday morning.......

I called customer service and was on hold for 30 minutes and nobody was there:eek:

https://home.ingdirect.com/products/products.asp

I just get worried about online banking...

What have you heard about ing direct? Their rates look great.

BW

Ing

I haven't tried this, my wife and I were talking about moving half of our savings to ING today to give it a try? Anyone else?:confused:

What's ING's highest paying money market (APY), $50k & above, & what's ING's best savings account APY, $50K & above.
I am currently getting 4.56 APY in a $50K & above money market with World Savings. but they haven't been the highest paying APY in either money market or savings account for years now. There area couple of banks & savings accounts paying 5.40 APY on various special money markets & savings accounts.

These rates might have gone up or down. This info is about a month old.

ING Direct Bank:
www.ingdirect.com- The Current Interest is rate 4.50%. This is a Savings Account , there is a $1 minimum to open this account (they are also offering a $25 signup bonus if you open the account with at least $250, they will deposit your $25 signup bonus directly into your account.) You need a referral link to get the bonus.

Emigrant Bank:

www.Emigrantdirect.com- The current Interest rate is 5.05%. There is a $1 minimum to open an account. This is a Savings Account.

MetLife Bank:

MetLife Bank: High Interest Savings Accounts, Money Market Accounts, CDs, IRAs, and Mortgages - The current Interest rate is 4.50%. This is a Money Market Account. There is a $5,000 minimum to open this account in order to get the 4.50% rate. You can open it up with $1,500 but you will only get 1.0% interest if the amount is under $5,000. As long as you keep at least $1,500 in this account you will not be charged any fees. If your account goes under $1,500 there is a $15 per month fee. Your first set of checks for this account are free, and you also get a free atm card with this account. You can write up to 3 checks per month on this account. I treat this account more like a savings account, so I rarely write checks on it.

OneUnited Bank:

OneUnited Bank | The First Black-Owned Internet Bank - The current Interest rate 5.25%. This is a Savings account. There is a $10 minimum to open up this account.

These internet accounts are easy to open up, and must be linked to your regular checking account that you already have at other banks or credit unions. Then you would simply transfer money in-between accounts as needed. I have had an Ingdirect account for several years and the MetLife bank money market for several years, so I can vouch for these banks far as having good interest rates, prompt interest payments, and no fees so long as you keep at least the minimum required amount in the account. Ing Offers a $25 signup bonus also, but you need a referral link to get it. Just means somebody else who already has an ING account needs to e-mail you a referral link prior to signing up. You can call ING directly to ask about their referral program at 1-800-ING-DIRECT, only members who have login info can access the info about the referral program. You can signup without the referral link, you just won’t get the $25 signup bonus.

One of the highest paying Momey Market accounts out there right now is the Ford Interest Advantage Account.

Ford Interest Advantage

But they are NOT FDIC insured. I've had an account with them for over 15 years and never had a problem with them. They pay some killer rates. Right now they are paying:

Rate / Compound Yield
Under $15,000 5.76% 5.91%
$15,000 to $50,000 5.91% 6.07%
Over $50,000 6.06% 6.23%

Hell that's better than some banks 5 year CD rates and the money is not tied up, you can draw it out any time you want. Daily minimum balance requirement of just $1,000

If you are looking to get a new or used auto loan, refinance your auto loan in order to get a lower interest rate, or are searching for a good home equity loan rate with no closing costs, you may want to check out the Pentagon Federal Credit Union.

https://www.penfed.org/productsAndRates/loans/vehicleLoans/autoLoans.asp. They have very competitive rates, I have gotten a car loan from them before, as well as other loans. They are some of the best rates, especially for used car loans and equity loans. This credit union was designed for veterans and federal employees, you have to be a retired veteran, active duty, or a federal employee to automatically qualify to join. So I had to join one of their affiliates in order to get to join their credit union, the same way you would have to if you don't meet the qualifications to automatically qualify for membership. This is something that anybody can do, I simply signed up for the National Military Family Association (NMFA) through the pentagon federal credit unions website, which consists of paying $20 for their newsletter, which I did online and was immediately eligible to join the credit union after that. I think I just had to put $5 into my credit union account to open it up. I applied for and was approved for my auto loan the same day over the phone. They fed exd my check and I got it a couple of days later. Once it came time to renew the military newsletter a year later I didn't renew it, but it didn't change the fact that I was now already a member of the credit union, so I didn't have to renew it if I didn't want to. So if you want to join and don't already meet the criteria, or don't have membership with any of their affiliates then you can just pay the $20 for a year subscription to the military newsletter and get membership that way. They also have other affiliates whom you may already be a member of so make sure you look at their list of affiliates before signing up for the newsletter.

You can also refinance your auto loan that you have with someone else through them at no extra charge. When I got my loan through them several years ago my car was used (a year old) and I got a 5.9% fixed interest rate, I don't know of many places giving that rate for a used vehichle. Right now you can get a 5.74% fixed interest rate for a new, used, or refinancing a vehicle. The things that I like about the Pentagon Federal Credit Union are the reasonable interest rates, quick approval, quick delivery of the loan check (they do charge about $12.00 for delivery of the check but you get your check within like 2 days), the fact that they give you a couple of days grace period to pay your loan each month, you can pay your loan even on the last day due over the phone without paying any phone payment fees, you can pretty much speak with a rep or make your payment to a live rep 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

You are immediately eligible to join the pentagon federal credit union if you answer yes to any of the following questions:

*Do you have a family member or housemate who is a member of Pentagon Federal or is eligible to join?
*Do you work at the Pentagon Building?
*Are you active or retired from the U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force, or Coast Guard?
*Are you Reserve, National Guard, or ROTC - Advanced Cadet with any of the above?
*Are you a civilian employed by, or retired from:
*Department of Defense?
*Department of Homeland Security?
*Department of the Army?
*Department of the Air Force?
*Are you a MEMBER of any eligible organization?
*Are you EMPLOYED by any eligible companies or organizations?
*Are you assigned to, work at, or receiving benefits from any military related installations?
*Do you work at the TransPotomac Plaza or Canal Center Plaza in Alexandria, VA?
*Would you be willing to join the National Military Family Association (NMFA) in order to become eligible to join Pentagon Federal Credit Union?

This is a list of some of their affiliates, if you are a member of any of these organizations it would automatically qualify you to join the pentagon federal credit union:

*Air Force Association (AFA)
*members not eligible for another another defense credit union
*Air Force Sergeants' Association (AFSA)
*Air Force Security Police Association (AFSPA)
*American Society of Military Comptrollers (ASMC)
*Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association International (AFCEA)
*Army Women's Professional Association
*Association of Graduates (AOG) --
*U.S. Military Academy, West Point, New York
*Association of Military Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons (AMOPS)
*Association of Military Surgeons of the United States (AMSUS)
*Association of Old Crows (AOC)
*Association of the United States Army (AUSA) --
*Pikes Peak Chapter in Ft. Carson, CO
*Fairfax Lee Chapter in Ft. Belvoir, VA
*George Washington Chapter in Fairfax, VA
*Alamo Chapter in San Antonio, TX
*Hawaii Chapter in Wahiawa, HI
*Chief Warrant and Warrant Officers Association, United States Coast Guard (CWOA), Voting Members
*Civil Affairs Assocation
*Combat Helicopter Pilots Association - Washington, DC,
*In accordance with its charter and bylaws in effect on January 7, 2005
*Disabled American Veterans
*Prince William County Chapter 48 in Dale City, VA
*Dustoff Association
*Fayetteville Area New Car Dealers Association and their employees -
*Fayetteville, North Carolina
*Jewish War Veterans of the United States of America, Inc. (JWV)
*Military Coalition
*National Association of Uniformed Services (NAUS)
*National Defense Industrial Association (NDIA) - Arlington, VA
*National Guard Association of the United States (NGAUS)
*National Military Family Association (NMFA)
*National Military Intelligence Association (NMIA)
*Non-Commissioned Officers Association of the U.S. (NCOA)
*Operations Security Professional Society
*Paralyzed Veterans of America (PVA)
*Reserve Officers Association (ROA) (including Public Health Officers)
*Society of American Military Engineers (SAME)
*Society of Cost Estimating and Analysis (SCEA)
*Society of Military Widows
*U.S. Army Warrant Officers Association (USAWOA)
*U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary
*Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States (VFW) including Ladies Auxiliary
*Vietnam Veterans of America

Thanks for the info, but I have seen some FDIC approved accounts in Ca go for as much as about 5.4 APY for short term CD's & specialsavings accounts. I would be afraid to tounh anything that is not FDIC. Just me, I guess.

I've been using Capitalone.com for 18 months or so and the current rate is 4.88% and FDIC insured. I haven't had any problems with it.

David

I use Washington Mutual

as they offer 5% on a platinum checking account, no BS, just deposit, and watch the interest deposited monthly.
I actually have more than one, as they exceed the limit for FDIC insurance coverage. and no hassles!
write checks, use debit card, transfer to other Wamu accounts,
I'm impressed with them, and their on every corner!

cruzn57

Thanks for the replies. I did some more research after posting this and found that people were overall pleased with ING direct and that the customer service was good and the website was user friendly. Same for Emigrant accept people had a tough time navigating. I'll definetly have to check out Washington mutual.. Thanks for the help and input.. I feel my money reserve deserves more then .025 interest :)