Info needed

Long story short...

My stock tranny died and I took my car to a tranny shop that had fixed a few small things for me before. After a huge ordeal, I had them install a used tranny because I couldn't afford the other options (full rebuild) and I needed my car back ASAP (daily driver). They assured me that I would get a used stock 2004r. So, I get the car back and now the tranny immediately is slipping between 1-2 and real bad 2-3. The speedo is also way off now. Probably about 15 MPH fast at 40MPH. This leads me to believe that they stuck a non 2004r in if thats possible.

So, 2 questions:

1. What else could this tranny be?
2. Where do I look for a code on the trans to tell what it is?

These guys have been a huge pain in the ass and I want to go back to them informed. I know very little about transmissions so throw out any info that could help.

it probably is a 2004r just from a non turbocharged application.if the trans is a working trans itll get you around but the performance wont be the same as the original calibration.make sure it is full and the cable is adjusted right and if so the used unit was not in working order when installed.the tag is on the rear of the trans where the rear seal and drive shaft yoke enter the transmission.

Nick:

Give me a call, I'm local to you. 408-229-9904. Yes, those T Type/GN cores are worth some $$$.

-Mike H.