In the wife's car!

Tristansgn

Buick owner
So I'm rather new to posting here at Turbo Buick, so I thought I'd share this with you all. I have a 1986 GN which I've had for little over 5 years now, and through the Utah Buick group, I picked up a 1987 Turbo T for my wife about 2 weeks ago. (really just an excuse to have another Buick!) We have been going through a few things on it, just put on a 62mm precision turbo, PTE stock location intercooler, a set of 42lb injectors and a TT chip. Plus the car already had an old smc alky kit, a 3" exhaust with test pipe and a built tranny (Len Freeman) Just tonight I fixed a problem with the car not building boost, now that it's running good, I'm ready for a little fishin'! After going out to dinner tonight, I'm showing off the car to my wife and we are taking the local State Street home in SLC, this is the maiden voyage...great timing for the old alky kit to start acting up. No this is no start to an excuse, but more of a cherry on top of the point that the ricer kids really have no grasp of a Turbo Regal at all!

Cruising home, in my rear view I see the cheap HID lights to my left rear, I begin to smile as I know what's to come. Young kid, girlfriend next to him, pulls along in a newer hatchback civic with a coffee can muffler hanging out the back...ok ok easy kill, but my wife looks pretty intent on not taking **** from imports revving at her newly tricked T. We both take off from the light rather slow, and I wait for the vtec scream we all love to hate, I give it the gas and pull past the hatch, letting off after a good 6 car gap, thinking he'd get the hint...nope.
2-3 lights later he pulls next to me again, surely after he explains to his girl that he missed a shift...blah blah blah, to race me this time on the roll, ok I'm game. Letting him make the first move eliminating all his excuses, I mash the throttle, and sling shot past him once again...but this time my car is nosing over as the knock sensor pulls out the timing....no alky spray! I let off the gas fast, look in my rear view mirror, but to see those HIDs in the distance. Like I said before, no excuses, but it really goes to show, that even when we're not on our A game, we still own the streets! :cool:

god i love our cars. these ricer boys are so weak.. i love killing them....

slc

where on state street can you go faster than 40mph legal or not at least these days :eek::eek: