In-tank Pump E85 question

DDot690

I'm thinking about going E85 on my car. My car already has the Red Armstrong dual pumps on it. My question is if I upgrade all my lines with the Racetronixs line kit will the Red Armstong Pumps work? I think I may replace the pumps and hose on pumps since they have been in the car for a long time. Any other items need to be replaced ? Thanks.

Your fuel injectors will obviously have to be reololaced depending on what size they are now. I recently did a fuel line kit for my E85 car and don't regret it at all. -6 supply line amd Inused the factory supply line as my new return line. I was getting high fuel pressure runnimg a DW300 pump on stock lines, changing them out helped with that. So I realize I digressed away from your original question, but if the red armstrong pumps flow at least as much fuel as a DW 300, you should be ok.

I'm thinking about going E85 on my car. My car already has the Red Armstrong dual pumps on it. My question is if I upgrade all my lines with the Racetronixs line kit will the Red Armstong Pumps work? I think I may replace the pumps and hose on pumps since they have been in the car for a long time. Any other items need to be replaced ? Thanks.
You don/t need to do anything to your lines. The double pumper and stock lines will easily support a 750 plus HP engine running on e85.

You don/t need to do anything to your lines. The double pumper and stock lines will easily support a 750 plus HP engine running on e85.
Agreed, I personally know another member who runs high 10's with stock lines. Others, like myself, experienced some ghost problems that were cleared up by running a fuel line kit.

Don't skimp on fuel system! It is a safety net! If running e85, please upgrade your lines, at least the return to 6 an. Supply is fine for a bit.

I have no idea what Red's is and what pumps. Not sure on on the hanger supply and return line sizes on those.

I've had Reds twins for 5 years installed and running E85 only. Stock lines, stock filter, 160's pressure set at 45 with line off. 10.52 @129..I just changed over to RT twin 340 and there line kit...I'm done messing around guessing..duty cycle was in the 90's on the full pass..and that was at 600 hp to the tires...it will not support 750 to the tires on E85...if someone tells you different, they are blowing smoke up your butt and will cost you 10k..twin 255's are only good and SAFE upnto around 600hp to the tires..it's a roll of the dice after that...good luck.

I have the Racetronix 510 double pumper. I may need to keep my boost "low" on e85 which will be 20-25# as I will be at the pumps limit.
I probably am going to pull them over the winter and go with a different setup maybe 680s or external pump.
According to the conversation I had with Racetronix, it seemed their pump limit was 700 at the crank on e85. I will be at or above that at the lower boost.

I've had Reds twins for 5 years installed and running E85 only. Stock lines, stock filter, 160's pressure set at 45 with line off. 10.52 @129..I just changed over to RT twin 340 and there line kit...I'm done messing around guessing..duty cycle was in the 90's on the full pass..and that was at 600 hp to the tires...it will not support 750 to the tires on E85...if someone tells you different, they are blowing smoke up your butt and will cost you 10k..twin 255's are only good and SAFE upnto around 600hp to the tires..it's a roll of the dice after that...good luck.

Not sure i agree with your post.. I think you have some other things going on.. I ran almost the same ET and similar mph on half your injector and a single DW300 pump.. Yes its pushing the setup but hi10's is no problem for a proper setup car on a single pump with stock lines.. Been done on dozens of cars

Not sure i agree with your post.. I think you have some other things going on.. I ran almost the same ET and similar mph on half your injector and a single DW300 pump.. Yes its pushing the setup but hi10's is no problem for a proper setup car on a single pump with stock lines.. Been done on dozens of cars
On E85?

That would be 252LPH on a single pump on gas @600 to the tires..now factory in 30% more fuel, that would push you over the limits of a single pump...Seems like an expensive gamble if you ask me...Yes it can be done for sure.

I agree... We were testing my car with 160s on e85 with a 6466 and I have racetronix 510., we only saw 26% duty cycle on 23#

I agree... We were testing my car with 160s on e85 with a 6466 and I have racetronix 510., we only saw 26% duty cycle on 23#
Nice..what was the 02's under boost?...what I seen was pushing over 10 on my fast...Cal said it maybe be running lean when it goes that high on the stock lines even tho the duty cycle was ok.

That's what I'm saying ..

The Dw300 is more like 300lph and if your in the know you can get 325+ out of it .