In tank harness upgrade

just plain john

El Camino a Go-Go!
In looking at my sender today, I was questioning the wisdom in running #10 wire to the intermediate harness where it then is #14 or smaller. Is there a means to upgrade the wire size all the way to the pump, including through the bulkhead on top of the sender, and not end up with a leak?

Yes, Racetronix has the parts. I installed their sending unit wiring and it was worth nearly 5psi fuel pressure. The car already had an older Casper's hot wire kit on it, but that was only as good as the old stock sending unit it was connected to.
The kit includes parts for passing through the bulkhead.

Another common problem with stock/old sending units is the return tube solder breaks/fails often. This is also the return path for the electrical ground to the pump. Once the car starts running 1.50 or quicker 60 ft. times there is alot of load on that tube which also supports the pump(s). Easy to fix with a fresh solder job. It would be nice if soeone made a 5 wire harness with 12 gauge wires. One for each pump power lead (double pumpers) one for each pump ground, and one for the sending unit.

Another common problem with stock/old sending units is the return tube solder breaks/fails often. This is also the return path for the electrical ground to the pump. Once the car starts running 1.50 or quicker 60 ft. times there is alot of load on that tube which also supports the pump(s). Easy to fix with a fresh solder job. It would be nice if soeone made a 5 wire harness with 12 gauge wires. One for each pump power lead (double pumpers) one for each pump ground, and one for the sending unit.

Fuel Sender, G7 SS w/Single Pump Mount

FPS-G7f.jpg