In need of loose wire identification

t-typex1

Darkside Member
I found a tan wire with a black stripe back under the coil pack area just above the knock sensor hanging around freely. Can anyone help identify that wire? I would like to help it find its way back where it belongs......

Thanks

The TCC lockup ground wire is that color comes from the ECM down to the transmission, not sure how and where however.....

Plus side is purple from the brake switch.

Terminal B on the module connector is that color and the bypass output from the ECM to the module, I don't think the car would run without that wire but it's easy to look at the second terminal in on the connector to make sure that wire is there.

It's a ground if there's a 3/8" ID lug fitting on the end...
There is nothing on the end. The wire looks like it broke off somewhere down the line. I was thinking possibly a ground, but want to be sure before trying to ground it..

Check to see what isn't working if anything then check for current on wire with key off then with key on, should set you in some direction?

Check to see what isn't working if anything then check for current on wire with key off then with key on, should set you in some direction?
I was hoping someone would know without a doubt what that wire was without guessing...
I will do a current test on it.

Does the TCC work?

Look at the plug on the side of the tranny, one wire should be tan/blk is it there and hanging or missing?

Look at the module connector is the second wire in tan/blk terminal B?

Simple checks really.

It isn't a chassis ground in MHO.

Made me look! Salvage is right, the grounds I was thinking of were either solid tan or tan/white. Here are the only two engine diagrams I have that show tan/black wires...

Attachments

• 8a-21-00.gif
    8a-21-00.gif
    112.7 KB · Views: 90
  • 8a-21-03.gif
    8a-21-03.gif
    126 KB · Views: 94
Car has a TH400 trans now.
In that first diagram, where is that tan/black wire going to?
Looks like a bypass wire on the diagram. If so, how important is it to not be connected?

Most likely it's the TCC lockup wire, what happened to the 4 wire plug on the driver side of the tranny?

Car has a TH400 trans now.
In that first diagram, where is that tan/black wire going to?
Looks like a bypass wire on the diagram. If so, how important is it to not be connected?

That wire should be in the coil pack harness, should be easy to look at the connector plug and see it...