In NEED of a used power steering reservoir for an 87.

2toneNV

Like the subject shows. My reservoir broke at one of the hose ports and I need a replacement. Let me know if you have one.

Yeah and I remember the day when I had a hard time getting $75 for a nos one !! There's two of them on Evil Bay that they want crazy money for.

Last edited:
I wasn't really wanting to fab something up to make an aftermarket one for. The aftermarket ones aren't very cheap either.
I was hoping somebody would have one on a car being parted out that they wouldn't want an arm and a leg for. I have PM'd and asked in several threads but no one is responding.
Might try some junk yards in TX because I don't need a new one nor do I want to spend more than $50 on one.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Not for a plastic reservoir. Like m233roller stated. He remembers when he couldn't even get $75 for an NOS one. Still unemployed and would plastic weld mine back before paying $100 for a $50 part.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Hey not trying to start any pissing match here but when I posted that I was referring to quite a few years ago when there were plenty of them around. NOW they are gone and I'd gladly pay $100 for a nice used one if I needed one. Your call ?

PS. I also remember when you could but such items like a complete GN horn cap for $28 !! or GM rear bumper fillers for $165 each. !!

Last edited:
No worries. If I were not unemployed and still working at my old job I would have probably already bought one for that price. Unfortunately, paying $100 for a reservoir that I didn't expect to break right now isn't a wise choice.

Hey I understand 100%. If this one will help you at all you can have it for the $13 it would run to priority mail it. I bought this off a member for $45 plus shipping some months back as a 87 unit and as you can see it's off of some other model car, which I don't know as I never tried to identify it. It is left hand threads on the cap. I think a guy could either make a mount or plastic weld his mounting ears on it. Also the two ports are kind of up & down not side by side. You pay the mailing on it & it's yours. Mike

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    905.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG