In need of a trans rebuild and a new converter

TurboGN86

transmission dropped 4th gear going down the road the other day. looking for some of the guys here on the boards that do rebuilds, and looking for a stall converter also. what are my options, how much do i need to save up for this to be done right? i can install the trans myself. just need it build.

The trans i am getting rebuilt is a stock 200r4 that came out of my buddies 86 gn. i have been running it for a year or 2 now with no problems till last week. its a BRF tranny which i dont know what that means but the sticker things on the trans. i am running a TE44 with 60's. stretched stock location intercooler, 3" single shot with poston headers. was wounderin if 10" lock up converter would be good. dunno what stall to go with.

What up punk! :tongue:

I just had mine rebuilt by a guy in Port Charlotte FL, comes highly recommended. I haven't put it in the car yet, just dropped the block and part at a machine shop today.

If you want his info, lemme know.

Lonnie at Extreme Automatics builds strong transmissions for a fair price. He is a vendor here

Vince Janis in Akron,Oh. He builds a great transmisssion, and his customer service is amazing!!

I too recommend Lonnie @ Extreme Automatics. Awesome guy and full out knowledgeable guy.

Lonnie at Extreme Automatics builds strong transmissions for a fair price. He is a vendor here

Lonnie at extremeautomatics

Extremeautomatics.com

I too recommend Lonnie @ Extreme Automatics. Awesome guy and full out knowledgeable guy.

^-- That's the stuff right there.

I was asking about a 10"LU converter myself but with Dusty's advice it was not for me. It might be what you need though look into it.