Imports at the Hot Rod Power Tour.

36IndexGN

I just read the article in the latest GMHTP about the Hot Rod Power Tour.

My thought is, how are the imports that go to this event treated?
Mind you I'm not talking about honda civics with a wing and cone filter, but seriosly tuned vehicles, I'm also not refering to store bought Dinan M3s or anything. I would like to attend this event either next year or the year after with my Saab.

I read that a nissan 240 was spinning the dyno in the V6 bracket at the Castrol Dyno Challenge, anybody know what the 4cyl cars were putting down?

I did the tour in 2002 and cars that made serious power got respect. There really wasn't a lot of rice. They knew better I guess....
Anyways, the only bunch I remember getting made fun of was the Fieros and the PT Cruisers. The PT gang got it the worse, and by the end of the tour they were dubbed the PT LOSERS.

James

lol that is not very nice but funny....

pt cruisers are not a hot rod in my opinion

someone correct me if im wrong:eek:

Well I'm glad to hear it, considering my car is not rice, nor a PT snoozer I'll make some time for any closer segments of the tour.

People drive the Powertour in anything! Don't get confused and think you need a Hot Rod to drive and register with the Power Tour. Minivans, station wagons, and Yugos have done it without anything special under the bonnet. Even though people crack jokes about the likes of the PT Cruisers and such, the only real cars people scoff at are the trailer queens. Traliering a car on tour is a no-no unless you're a vendor.

James

The Castrol Syntec Dyno Challenge is a nationwide program and the Nissan was not on the Power Tour. Unless they haven't updated the site, it's still in the lead- Castrol Syntec Dyno Challenge current leaders

Schwartz's Ultima is from England, does that count as an import? :D The only other one that really stood out in my mind was the Jaguar with the chute on the back that looked like it was built to run on lake beds.

The tour starts in Dallas and ends in Green Bay next year.

Originally posted by Jim@GMHTP
The Castrol Syntec Dyno Challenge is a nationwide program and the Nissan was not on the Power Tour. Unless they haven't updated the site, it's still in the lead- Castrol Syntec Dyno Challenge current leaders

Schwartz's Ultima is from England, does that count as an import? :D The only other one that really stood out in my mind was the Jaguar with the chute on the back that looked like it was built to run on lake beds.

The tour starts in Dallas and ends in Green Bay next year.

Damn, I wish I had known about this earlier. I see the latest event was held at Palmdale just last weekend. Had I known about it I might have driven up and run my car just for the hell of it. Needless to say, if any mildly modded and tuned turbo Buick had shown up that 240SX and its 327 RWHP would be toast.

After looking at the schedule I see the dyno event is headed towards Arizona. How about one of you heavy hitters in AZ stepping up and laying the smack down on the Nissan? Come on Nick.....Woody? :) :D Not to mention, it would be a real shame for that Nissan if a Stage motored car made an appearance. :D

Well, on the first powertour I went on the dyno record was held by a twin turbo stage II GN pushing 1127 HP! It was out of Michigan.

James