i'm thinking of getting this as a tattoo... what do you think.

Dont put it on your leg, thats for chicks. Go for the shoulder or back or something

I like the tatoo though

Im going to do a small power 6 on the middle of my back below the neck line soon......just the outline, no colors........I like yours, but I wouldnt put it on your leg. Just my .02

You're joking, right?

I can see you now, traumatizing little children and loving every minute of it.

Im going to do a small power 6 on the middle of my back below the neck line soon.....

know what we call that?

A TARGET....HEHEHEH

personally, i think tattoos are tacky.
not as bad as all the piercings..

Yeah, you'll really be glad you have that when you're 40 and it's green and blurry. I've wanted an eagle on my left upper arm for years...but I know when I'm older and married, I probably wont want it anymore. The sun blurs and greens em, on your leg it'd be exposed to sun all the time.

Just say NO to ink! Unless you wanted to get "made by Mattel" on your package...that'd just be funny.

If I was gonna put that on my leg ,itd have to be on the back of it.Tattos are cool:cool:

All my tattos can be covered with a shirt but when/if I become a millionaire ill get full sleeves down BOTH arms:eek: ;)

What kinda freak would get a Tatto ? Me i guess , multiple ones. The only reason i would not do that is it looks from the picture that its someone elses piece , not that means you shouldnt get it but i just would be reluctant to copy someone elses known piece . As far as it turning Blue green , the newer inks are different from the old inks , talk to a few tatto artists if your really doubtfull . If its something you really like go for it or wait a while and see if really like it still in say a month or a few . If you do go for it find good artist not some hack so you can be assured it will come out the way you expect it to . Oh and for the Naysayers " Tackey and loving it " :p

Someone told me once to take a picture of what you want tattoo'd and put copies everywhere you look. On your mirrors, doors, car dashboard, bed, computer, phone, EVERYTHING. In a year, if you're not sick of it...get it. :)

Asking guys without tattos for tatto advice is like asking carbed Chevy guys about Turbo Buicks .;)

The Picture idea is probibly not a bad idea if your unsure , hey mabe those Chevy guys do know something :p

Non-tattooed carbed Chevy owner here, but I'll offer what I know.

There's a tech at work with a lot of tattoos. We were talking about them the other day, and the subject of "drifting" ink came up. He said that any given area of your skin can only handle so much ink, so when he gets one, he has the person doing it go light on the ink. This way, he can have it "freshened up" lightly every few years or so, but it won't look all fuzzy and nasty 20 years from now.

Just something to ponder.

Scott

be original and come up with your own design. I love tattoo's and don't think they are tacky at all. I agree with sloride, complete sleeves would be sweet...go check out this website: STARLIGHT TATTOO

This is the guy who does mine.....but check out his site and see some of the different types of work.

well i was going to put it on my leg because i figure when i go to fire academy that i will start to bulk up and anyother place will strech out... maybe it would be better on my sholder? would it strech out there?

-neil

Dude, I really dont think it matters... IF you get it, just pick a place you will be happy with. Cool TAT though..

i would say that helps a lot, but it contradicts itself in a place

Where does it hurt the most?
In my opinion on top of bone or fatty spots hurt the most. As for body parts, I'd say the side is pretty painful. The ankle is pretty painful. And under the arm is a b$#@h.

What would it look like in 30 years and is it going to hurt where i am getting it (on my hip)??
It's hard to say what it will look like in 30 years. It all depends on how you take care of it. And the techniques and colors for tattooing are constantly improving. But it will start to get "fuzzy" overtime, you can't avoid that. It's going to hurt no matter where you get it. In general, fat hurts the least, then muscle, then bone. So if you've got a little meat on your hips, you should be fine.

-Neil

I wouldn't worry too much about stretching it. My upper arms are 16", and the chevy bowtie tattoo I got years ago barely looks any different. My arms were about 14" when I got it. Only I can see the difference, to anyone else it looks the same. Unless you plan to be extremely huge. And don't give me any crap about the bowtie thing. I'm gettin' the turbo 6 on the other arm soon.

Inks have come a long way, and the guy who does my tatoos has some very old ones that still look awesome with no touch up work. I think the healing period is the most important, since any damage could cause a blemish later on. I got hit with a 10' stick of 3" pipe while mine was scabbed over, and it peeled the scab. I have a dull spot there now that will have to be touched in. BTW, if your guy can do it, get something chrome. Its sweet! My bowtie is chrome, and it looks cool. I think tattoos are becoming more and more socially acceptable, as you see more "upper class" people with them. I was shocked by how many older professional clientele my tat artist had. I want sleeves, but I am worried about making impressions on new people, and since my job requires me to meet new people every day, I don't want to offend or mislead someone. But I wouldn't hesitate to get another one, where its not visible with a shirt on.