I'm thinking going E-85?

SpeeednV6

I'm considering E-85. I know lots of info. on this site. I'm trying to get a condensed version from someone. What's needed for upgrades? Injectors? Pump? Supply/return lines? Fuel filter? If I'm out of E-85, will I be able to run 93 octane at lower boost levels and chip?
Thanks.

Let me handle this as if you brought the car to me for an E85 conversion.
I would start with a Turbo Tweak 340 fuel pump, TT E85 chip, and 80lb injectors. Then I would use an AEM wideband along with the scanmaster to tune it. I would see how well it spooled then and you would be set. I wouldn't be shocked to see 11 second time slips from that setup, maybe quicker. Now I do know you may need to use 93 if something strange was to happen to E85 in which case I'd keep a 93 chip in the car to get you to the E85 station. I

For your engine you could get by with 80 lb injectors, dual fuel pump, stock lines, most say stock fuel filter is ok if you change it occasionally, and a TT chip for E85 and the 80 lb injectors. To go back to 93 octane you would need another TT chip for the 80 lb injectors and 93 octane. You would probably want to replace the old rubber sections of your fuel lines with modern high pressure ethanol rated rubber lines that have a PTFE liner. You will get alot of different opinions on this subject.

For your engine you could get by with 80 lb injectors, dual fuel pump, stock lines, most say stock fuel filter is ok if you change it occasionally, and a TT chip for E85 and the 80 lb injectors

I agree this would work, I would go a bit more personally...maybe run a -8 new feed line off the double pumper w/ a 25 micron stainless inline filter then use the factory feed as your return. My Stage 2 car ran pretty well w/ a very similar setup as described...only difference was it was -10 versus -8 feed.

Good advice all. Replacing old rubber hose with new hose is cheap! Do it!! Probably need to do it anyway!

The biggest problem we all have is predicting where we will end up with on HP with our turbo Buicks. I have always taken the position that I upgrade any given part only once so I tend to aim high. FWIW, if you are thinking about running -8AN feed line, just go ahead and run -10AN and be done with it! It won't cost that much more and you will NEVER have to change it again. Then you can look at the return line! And....be sure you buy big enough (?) injectors...keep in mind that E85 will require your fuel pump and injectors to supply 30% more fuel flow assuming you don't bump the boost up. I would suggest that the mere fact that you are on this site would tell me that you WILL bump up the boost! So, be sure your fuel system (injectors, fuel pump, supply and return lines) is capable of more flow and more PRESSURE. Just remember that all pumps will provide LESS pressure as you increase the flow so things are working against the pump from the start. This is NOT a place to save a few $'s! Do I have more pump than I need? Damn right I do! Fuel pumps are way less expensive than head gaskets or pistons.
Conrad

Well, I found out e85 is near me in Melrose Park, IL. and Wis. border. Well, I put the 60lber's on to get the car running. When she's running good, I'll work on conveerting the fuel lines and getting the bigger fuel items.

Well, I found out e85 is near me in Melrose Park, IL. and Wis. border. Well, I put the 60lber's on to get the car running. When she's running good, I'll work on conveerting the fuel lines and getting the bigger fuel items.

Where at in Melrose? I know its at the shell on manhiemn and Fullerton. I'm in Bellwood so on Roosevelt in Lombard is my usual spot.