I'm thinking about some 17's....which do you think would look good?

Rafs-T-Type

Not so Senior Member
shop and car 075.jpg I'm not too good at picking out anything :redface:

The after market GN wheels that Mike Barnard (SPOOLFOOL2) has on his car make me drool.......and they're made in several sizes.

Bring your wallet!

I already stripped all the grand national badges from my t-type....Don't want to put GN wheels on it now ;)....or pay an arm and a leg

Then keep the 15 inch look and find something cool.

It's a nice car, why take the chance of "ethnic"-ing it up?

I'm jus' sayin"

18's here, ROH Drift wheels,there cheap, cause they come with needed spacer adaptors..easy no fuss no muss large wheels

Enjoy!

"Hell! I think it looks right the way it's sitting."

~JM~

My exact point, stated differently.....only the same......:biggrin:

Billet Specialties Street Lites. They look good and 1.5x 60'.

Attachments

• GN KIDS MISC 108.jpg
    GN KIDS MISC 108.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 691
Then keep the 15 inch look and find something cool.

It's a nice car, why take the chance of "ethnic"-ing it up?

I'm jus' sayin"
The car doesn't have those wheels on their anymore. They have crager soft 8's on it now but anyway I want larger wheels for 2.5 reasons. I think they will make the car handle better, there are a lot more sticky tire options with 17's, and the .5 is I think they look better. O and I'll be able to go with bigger brakes when the time comes. I really don't think the 17's look ethnic. With the right ones they seem to fit right at home. Problem is I'm terrible at picking stuff out myself. I always end up saying WTF, why did I think that was going to look good? So I figured I'd gather some options here then go to that website where you can superimpose the wheels on your car so I can see what they look like before I purchase them.

I have 17's on my T-Type & 15's on my Malibu. They both look good. The 17's will give you more of a road car look, where the 15's look like they're ready for a quick blast down the strip. I don't have the greatest traction with the 17's due to lack of sidewall. They're great for touring & cornering, but they spin easy with a bit of throttle.

My7887.jpg

I definately would go no larger than 17's. Anything bigger starts looking ghetto.

~JM~

...Problem is I'm terrible at picking stuff out myself. I always end up saying WTF, why did I think that was going to look good? -<snip>-

Selecting wheels can be difficult. Plenty to choose from. If you have trouble making a selection, I'd recommend that you stay with a "classic" type of wheel such as a 5-spoke. Hard to go wrong with a 5-spoke.

~JM~

I have 17's on my T-Type & 15's on my Malibu. They both look good. The 17's will give you more of a road car look, where the 15's look like they're ready for a quick blast down the strip. I don't have the greatest traction with the 17's due to lack of sidewall. They're great for touring & cornering, but they spin easy with a bit of throttle.

I definately would go no larger than 17's. Anything bigger starts looking ghetto.

~JM~
M/T 295/45/17 Drag Radials are a must if you want to run a 17" wheel

Attachments

• GN KIDS MISC 121.jpg
    GN KIDS MISC 121.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 650
M/T 295/45/17 Drag Radials are a must if you want to run a 17" wheel

I love this look. Is the frame notched or lips rolled? Whats the size and backspace of the wheels? I would like to run the same setup, but my car is lowered in the rear with eibach springs and I don't wanna have any issues.

Same size wheel and tire as above different rim....:cool:

Attachments

• 2393.jpg
    2393.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 625
  • IMG00118-20101108-1303.jpg
    IMG00118-20101108-1303.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 618
  • IMG00119-20101108-1303.jpg
    IMG00119-20101108-1303.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 613
  • IMG00056-20101016-1024.jpg
    IMG00056-20101016-1024.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 622
I've seen the above pics of burnouts, but the quoted statement pretty much sums it up.

"I don't have the greatest traction with the 17's due to lack of sidewall."

Presentation or Performance, that choice is a personal thing.

It's up to you, but here's what I know to be a fact:

My car is a pure street car.

I can assure you my 15's will do a much longer and more spectacular burnout than any of those 17's pictured above.

When it comes to leaving from a dig, well, I'll win..... and I'll bet on it, slicks or DR's, doesn't matter, I have both and I'll back my words up.

'Nuff said.

17'ers? ....... Bring it.

Bigger brakes? Well that's a different story...... I keep an anchor in the back seat.....;) :eek: :eek:

It really comes down to what YOU think looks good on YOUR car, screw the rest of us....... pick what you think looks good and go with it.

There ain't no rules here!

GO DEEP!

1-2-3 GO!.jpg

Various i phone pics 2 001.jpg

Regal Wheels UP.jpg"

I've seen the above pics of burnouts, but the quoted statement pretty much sums it up.

"I don't have the greatest traction with the 17's due to lack of sidewall."

Presentation or Performance, that choice is a personal thing.

It's up to you, but here's what I know to be a fact:

My car is a pure street car.

I can assure you my 15's will do a much longer and more spectacular burnout than any of those 17's pictured above.

When it comes to leaving from a dig, well, I'll win..... and I'll bet on it, slicks or DR's, doesn't matter, I have both and I'll back my words up.

'Nuff said.

17'ers? ....... Bring it.

Bigger brakes? Well that's a different story...... I keep an anchor in the back seat.....;) :eek: :eek:

It really comes down to what YOU think looks good on YOUR car, screw the rest of us....... pick what you think looks good and go with it.

There ain't no rules here!

GO DEEP!

What do you 60' in that thing?

What do you 60' in that thing?

Wellllll, I need some work there.

My best is 1.52 but I average 1.61 :frown:

She likes to push through the brakes and I haven't quite found that sweet spot to have a good amount leave boost built and also keep her planted in the lights. I get excited and try to build it too quickly.

More seat time will correct it though. :cool: