Im stepping my program up..

geno

9sec 17MPG Street Car
Staff member
Im building a new bullet and putting the old one on the engine stand.. 7.38 on that even fire motor and im looking for a 6 sec pass on the new odd fire once i get it ironed out .Talked to Ken Duttweiler today because he is the only one to get a Buick V6 in the 6,s in John Galinas car. He is going to spec the cam and i hope help guide me along the way with Dan at DLS,s input because Dan has helped me get to where im at. (Thanks Dan)..He said ive got the right idea and agree,s with my choices of parts and tuner Hartline Performance.. Ken has already shed some light on my build by telling me the Danny bee belt drive i have is fine with odd fires no matter what some people say. He has several odd fire motor out there with them on it and has never seen a failure. Im stoked to put more boost and a pro mod 91 turbo on my car next year. Im thinking about putting the car on the dyno just to see where im at right now and compare it to the new motor when i build it. I wont be looking at the number but just comparing the numbers on the same dyno before i take it to the track and getting the tune close.

This whole build started off to have a reliable 8 sec car:wacky: Its the worse drug to get hooked on:devil:

You may find this hard to believe but earlier today I was thinking about your car and wondering how long it would be before you were in the 6's with it. I wish you well on your new build.

Mike T.

Somebody needs to put another Buick V6 in the 6,s and it might as well be me i guess....I was hopping it would be Shane so i didnt have to do it LOL...

You may find this hard to believe but earlier today I was thinking about your car and wondering how long it would be before you were in the 6's with it. I wish you well on your new build.

Mike T.
Im going to give it a try...It may take me awhile but im willing to try...Never said i was smart...:bookworm:

Nice to see the buick v6 alive and well in todays world.
All the best

Good choice having Duttweiler do the cam. I can feel it happening!! BTW I went 6.92 with my home built junk. Im behind this effort!! Mike

Gene,

Glad to see you're finally going to put that Odd Fire crank to good use. (y) Based on your results to this point I can only imagine the potential for the new combo.

Keep up the good work!

Neal