I'm seriously considering a Hellcat guys

What I love is when people post on an open forum and then when someone says something they don't agree with they get butt hurt. Is it ok with you that I don't praise dodge products? When you say you have owned alot of cars and the hell cat is a better car well duh it should be. It's your money buy what you like and I hope it gives you years fun...

Last edited:
What I love is when people post on an open forum and then when someone says something they don't agree with they get butt hurt. Is it ok with you that I don't praise dodge products? When you say you have owned alot of cars and the hell cat is a better car well duh it should be. It's your money buy what you like and I hope it gives you years fun...

Not butt hurt, I still have 3 Buicks. It's an awesome car, they didn't cut corners on anything. I'll be sure to have many years of fun with your blessing! FWIW, my wife loves it too and you know what they say "happy wife happy life". My offer to let you drive it is genuine. I think you'd be impressed.

Neal

I don't think it is people getting butt hurt. I think most of us don't get folks who would never look at something just because of the branding. I do know people who are die hard loyalists because of the factory their parents worked for. Lots of pride and there is nothing wrong with that. I'm not even loyal to sports teams, so that's just me. I've had all kinds of pokes at my car choices. Some are just for fun. Some are folks who are seriously angry. I have plenty of Ford loyalists that gave me nonstop shit for owning my Buicks. My buddy Mark got on my case hard back in '05 when I sold my '99 Regal GS and bought my Saab 92x Aero. He referred to me as "Ricer" because the 92x is just a rebadged Subaru WRX. He worked at a Pontiac dealership and was a true GM fanatic. Now keep in mind that Saab was owned by GM, who held 30% stock in Subary stock at that time. So I asked him, "Mark, what can Pontiac offer if a 4 cylinder Hatchback for me?" He replied, "you could have bought a Pontiac Vibe". My response was, "so you want me to buy Vibe, which is a rebadged Toyota Matrix, aka rice? Didn't I do exactly the same thing?" He shut up after that. I just like anything that has 4 wheels and is cool.

I want to get a ride in a Hellcat badly. Neal, if you ever come to AZ please let me know. That or I'll get out to SD sometime. It's been way too long.

I want to get a ride in a Hellcat badly. Neal, if you ever come to AZ please let me know. That or I'll get out to SD sometime. It's been way too long.

Mike,

If I'd have known you wanted to go out there, you could have rode with Nick and I to the "Foo's" BBQ and swap meet. Maybe next year......

I have been considering a Hellcat too . Yesterday my buddy Ray and I for kicks drove my T-type to a dealership that had 5 of them 3 Challengers and 2 Chargers. I went there to look at Jeeps for my wife. The dealer is actually interested in taking my Buick in on trade for a fair price so the whole idea is becoming even more real. We got to drive the charger and it was cool but the t-type is a heck of a lot faster on the street or track for that matter, Kind of torn, my racing days are behind me at this point and having a super cool 4 door DD is a nice idea but not sure if its $70k nice. Plus I just got my TType back this year but it sat in the garage all summer and I would probably drive the Hellcat more often than I do my Ttype.

Last edited:
Depends on how much you make, how much you saved and how much you want to spend or go into debt.
70K is a good price. You have to look at it from all angles considering the money.....payment, cash, used, new, and your own financial situation. I have been thinking about the used hellcats that have already dropped a lot. I think 50K will be the norm this winter.

I found a mint Challenger in Florida with 1200 miles for $52k which is what prompted me to list my ttype for sale. The lease on my F150 is up next month and a new one is close to $60k so not much of a stretch from the Dodge financially. The wife is due for a new car so I may lease her a new SUV that I can tow with, Jeep GC comes to mind. If she does that I can trade her current car in along with the Ttype to buy the Hellcat which makes it work money wise. That's if the dealer is really going to buy my Ttype talk is cheap. The dealer has plenty of Hellcats but doesn't have a Jeep GC that fits all or our needs which is also an issue for getting a deal done.

The four door charger checks all the family/commuter vehicle boxes and scratches the hotrod itch I always seem to have. I still have a really nice Audi S4 as a winter ride and we end up with one less vehicle at the house which is a win.

Now if I can only get the wife to see it this way......

Also, after researching the M6 manual version, Im going A8 Auto all the way. 3-4K to upgrade a clutch and the A8 is still handling whatever you throw at it. No brainer.

Also, after researching the M6 manual version, Im going A8 Auto all the way. 3-4K to upgrade a clutch and the A8 is still handling whatever you throw at it. No brainer.

The biggest mistake I made in my last car purchase was getting the auto vs manual. For a street car my opinion is manual all the way. The autos just can't and never will be able to anticipate what mood I'm in going through the corner.
I lost sleep over the decision and ultimately purchased the auto so my wife could drive the car just in case, she was pregnant at the time and I frequently need her truck.
I have regretted it from day 1.
A 9 second strip car is a different story all together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The biggest mistake I made in my last car purchase was getting the auto vs manual. For a street car my opinion is manual all the way. The autos just can't and never will be able to anticipate what mood I'm in going through the corner.
I lost sleep over the decision and ultimately purchased the auto so my wife could drive the car just in case, she was pregnant at the time and I frequently need her truck.
I have regretted it from day 1.
There is nothing I miss about having a manual while battling traffic regardless of hp.

Having a manual does not bother me in traffic, however having a 700+ HP DD and a manual = frequent clutch changes. I was thinking of going after a manual CTS-V until the guy trying to sell me one had his clutch go out at 18k miles. I went auto and am not regretting it so far. I'm surprised too because my last 3 DD's were manuals.

Having a manual does not bother me in traffic, however having a 700+ HP DD and a manual = frequent clutch changes. I was thinking of going after a manual CTS-V until the guy trying to sell me one had his clutch go out at 18k miles. I went auto and am not regretting it so far. I'm surprised too because my last 3 DD's were manuals.
There is also no telling how abusive or proficient said owner of the CTS-V was with a manual. I always had great joy making my manual shifts feel seamless betwixt gear changes.... Zen between man and machine.

Guys are reporting first time out to the track with M6's and smoking clutches on well prepped surfaces.

A few Hellcats up here at the drags. Most are modified to hell .. Loud an obnoxious. Fastest one up here is a white 4 door charger .. Tune an drag radials. Not many miles on it.He has a lot of the new cars. 10.7s.. Forget the mph. Quiet to !! The modified ones haven't caught up to him. Having a hard time hooking up. The auto's are unreal in all the new cars.. Dodge, Ford and GM's. Sometimes its just time to move on ! I have done this many times in my life. NO regrets :cool:

Guys are reporting first time out to the track with M6's and smoking clutches on well prepped surfaces.
Bo have you brought the TTA down to the dodge dealer yet to see what they would do for a trade in? That's $$ you wouldn't have to pay sales tax on if you trade it in.