I'm seriously considering a Hellcat guys

Ya, i looked at those Mustangs and cannot get past the looks..Both inside and out. The Hellcat is big enough for my kids to ride in and be very comfortable and the looks......man...The looks of a Challenger are beautiful. Reminds me of my 916 and 748 Ducati. They just nailed it IMO. I have been looking at used ones with only one owner lately. The prices on a used Hellcat (1k-8k miles) is getting very tempting. I may get one at 50k this winter if I can find the right deal.

That Ducati sound is a beautiful thing as well! Not much beats a desmo sound burbling up through a termignoni exhaust! 748, 916, 996 all works of art! Had a shot at a Paul Smart Special a while back and I waited too late to respond and I've been kicking myself ever since!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't read any of this thread and have no dog in this hunt, but I say call Turbolou.

He bought a very sweet Hellcat about a month ago and he is having a BALL with it.

Lou has built, owned and driven some of the coolest cars ever conceived ......and I mean EVER!

He's nearly impossible to satisfy, so the Kitty Cat he bought has to be one seriously impressive car for him to talk this one up, as he has to me and plenty of others.

Honestly, Lou and I talk pretty often and I swear, I've never heard him talk up any car like he does this one!

Last edited:
I didn't read any of this thread and have no dog in this hunt, but I say call Turbolou.

He bought a very sweet Hellcat about a month ago and he is having a BALL with it.

Lou has built, owned and driven some of the coolest cars ever conceived ......and I mean EVER!

He's nearly impossible to satisfy, so the Kitty Cat he bought has to be one seriously impressive car for him to talk this one up, as he has to me and plenty of others.

Honestly, Lou and I talk pretty often and I swear, I've never heard him talk up any car like he does this one!

Does he have a Challenger or Charger? The Jeep Hellcat Trackhawk will be a monster if it can handle the torque upon launch.

Does he have a Challenger or Charger? The Jeep Hellcat Trackhawk will be a monster if it can handle the torque upon launch.

707 HP Challenger.

Yes, the Trackhawk will be neat, however, with the short wheelbase, I don't think it will ever be able to put the power to the road.

"Squirrely" is the word that comes to mind......

Yes I have a HC challenger a fun car to drive and no regrets buying it. Comes with lot of interesting technology and is adaptable to different driving modes. Prices are starting to come down on them & some used deals to be had. I bought mine with 1500 miles on it & saved myself about 15 grand . As for mods traction and wheel hop is a problem as well as a weak two piece drive shaft which can be remedied with a one piece aluminum, some solid bushings in the rear & stickier tires. The exhaust & intake are fine. Swapping the pulleys make the biggest difference, I understand hacking the computer can be a problem since its locked. I feel 707 h.p. is enough plus I intend to keep the warranty intact therefore modding it for me is out of the question.

Attachments

• IMG_0330.jpg
    IMG_0330.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 223
  • IMG_0332.jpg
    IMG_0332.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 224
  • IMG_0331.jpg
    IMG_0331.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 186
Last edited:
A friend of mine has an SRT Grand Cherokee and it's a blast to drive! And the AWD in that platform is what makes it so incredible. As they really are loads of fun even in the twisties! And if the hype holds true to what they are suggesting then Jeep Hellcat maybe the "quickest" Hellcat yet! Hell at 3.5 Seconds 0-60 mph it would one of the quickest cars in the world, period.

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/07/05/jeep-grand-cherokee-trackhawk-hellcat-spy-shots/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is NICE! A couple Dodge dealers offered me Hellcat's at invoice. That being said, it is just the wrong time and a little to steep for me still. For now, I'll live with my CTS-V Wagon. So far I'm all smiles in that. I did fall in love with the new electronics that come with the new Dodges.

Challenger or Charger? You should be able to get a good deal on one now. Dealers around here are going deep to clear inventory. I literally saw 4 Hellcats on the road just yesterday. 2 Challengers and 2 Chargers. They all drive like grandmas too lol. I tried to play with one in the CTS-V and another one in the GN. Neither one wanted to mess with me. I would have been pulled on good in the V as it is stock. The GN may have hung. I thought they were driving 10 under the speed limit to let me catch up and line up. Then I realized they just drive 10 under.

You could go with a tune, pulley, and DR's to get that thing into the 10's, but the tune will probably void powertrain warranty. If it were me, I'd leave it stock though. A mid 11 DD is good enough.

Challenger 6sp. Just went to dealership and they had 3. Red, Black and White all 16's tho. Im gonna order a 17 the way I want it. Go Mango orange and black hood/spoiler. Ya only live once and I have NEVER bought a new car for myself.

Challenger 6sp. Just went to dealership and they had 3. Red, Black and White all 16's tho. Im gonna order a 17 the way I want it. Go Mango orange and black hood/spoiler. Ya only live once and I have NEVER bought a new car for myself.
Love that color combo. :cool:

Hmmm... One thing that turns me off about new cars is having to put up with the dealers. My brother had a few brand new SRT-8 cars,a Charger and a 300.
The 300 was extremely problematic. Possibly because it was the first year of the newer body. Squeaks,rattles.. The headliner had to come out to weld the center post because the machine somehow missed the weld.
The torque converter was out of balance. It took the dealer forever to admit and fix that.

He ended up getting a GT500.

These newer cars.. Dealing with the dealers,then working on it once the warrantee expires is a turnoff for me.

Btw,I've always been a huge older Mopar fan.

If I had the extra cash to buy a Hellcat,I'd find a '87 Limited and build the ultimate sleeper TR instead.

Another thing..... Every fast car that I have built or even hot roded for that matter has always had some issue and is always in the back of my mind while driving. Wires burning, raw fuel smells, overheating, ect. A few rattles from a reliable 700+hp car is just fine with me. I dont expect a Ferrari for 70k....Its a damn Dodge!
I will enjoy racing the TTA in the mid-low 9's and keep the Kitty stock...until that warranty runs out...lol