I'm seriously considering a Hellcat guys

I know what you mean. A lot of them have never touched a wrench, you can feel it in their posts. I felt your frustration in a post over there too.

I know what you mean. A lot of them have never touched a wrench, you can feel it in their posts. I felt your frustration in a post over there too.
I insulted some of the guys over there by posting a "Want to buy" ad, offering to trade my GNX for a Hellcat. Got a couple of snooty replies and then was reported to administration for not having enough posts to be eligible to post in that section.....gheesh!

Yea, they're more pretentious than guy that actually have money . . . lol. You'll see a lot of posts where someone will ask why a part costs so much and I guarantee someone will comment"because hellcat owners have money" Bullshit, join some of the forums I belong to, you'll realize real quick being able to buy a HC doesn't mean shit.

Also, I ordered aftermarket 18" rear wheels with 305 45 R18 MT tires and the 3.09 diff. Well, I also bought the back lit SRT steering wheel air bag......lol. I just thought it looked good. I promise no puddle or wheel well lights.

Hey there, Sport,

My Buick has a lot of "pocket personality", and I'm not shy to admit it.

Why do you think that is somehow wrong? My money helps keep others in business, period.

The fact is, I'm older, more tired and just don't have the time to wrench on my car these days and, over the years, I've worked myself into a position that I can afford to have others keep my junk right.

According to you, that's a bad thing.

Just how the hell do you justify that position?

Do tell.

When your HC is the baddest one on the planet, come back and boast about your talent some more, otherwise.................stick to modeling underwear. :D

Last edited:
Well Tiger,
I think it's great that you can pay someone to keep your car right. Nothing to tell, do us a favor just leave first hand experience out of it, Unless you're talking about picking the money up from the bank.

I have no intention of making my HC the baddest on the planet. Unless tires make a car the baddest on the planet. By the way, I got a guy doing the rear diff install and won't come on here and brag about my experience with install.

I think this went off the rails because you kinda didn't know what we were talking about and then made assumptions.

And from now on all of my answers will be politically correct.

Not a big deal, I still look great in spanks.

Last edited:
Well Tiger,

I think this went off the rails because you kinda didn't know what we were talking about and then made assumptions.

Not a big deal, I still look great in spanks.

I think you kinda stepped on your dick when you patently said anyone who doesn't wrench on their own car doesn't know shit and you said jut that in your post. What assumption did I make about your statement?

The fact is, you are wrong, but whatever. No worries.

HC owners can be a bit "snooty", but the HC is one hell of a car, there is no denying it. Tell me I'm wrong.

But contact the folks at Metco. They do their own R&I and they make available some really cool stuff for the HC owner. They are VERY cool people and know their stuff when it comes to HC's.

As to the spanks thing......... post a pic or, no.....wait........... DON'T!!!!!!!!! :D

Have a great night!

Last edited:
I insulted some of the guys over there by posting a "Want to buy" ad, offering to trade my GNX for a Hellcat. Got a couple of snooty replies and then was reported to administration for not having enough posts to be eligible to post in that section.....gheesh!

You would actually trade your GNX for a Hellcat, are you off your meds? I'm messing with you only because a friend I grew up with sold the GTO "Judge" convertible he purchased for less than $30K, in the '80s to become a slum lord, saw his real estate take a nose dive while his GTO hit the $200K+ , he is still crying over that poor decision.

PS, He is also still crying over not loaning me the $3K to purchase a diamond in the rough, a Fiat "Dino" I found locally in '88 that is now worth over $100K.

Life is like a box of chocolates.

What happened in here? Guy, I think his point is not bashing people who have work done for them, but rather how uppity the crowd is in general. They seem to be "above" working on their own cars is the point that I think he was getting at. I'm not on any of the forums, however I have met plenty of HC and 2015+ SRT owners in person and the smug in the air from the vast majority of them is overwhelming. I had one guy yell at my son for getting to close to his SRT. My son was 3 feet away, standing in one spot, with his hands at his side. When talking to HC owners at car shows, they are just so damn arrogant and at the same time know nothing about their cars. Now.......maybe this is just the local car show crowd, but it certainly left a bad taste in my mouth. After a few years these folks will move on to the next hot new toy and real enthusiasts will pick them up. That's when the fun will happen.

What happened in here? Guy, I think his point is not bashing people who have work done for them, but rather how uppity the crowd is in general. They seem to be "above" working on their own cars is the point that I think he was getting at. I'm not on any of the forums, however I have met plenty of HC and 2015+ SRT owners in person and the smug in the air from the vast majority of them is overwhelming. I had one guy yell at my son for getting to close to his SRT. My son was 3 feet away, standing in one spot, with his hands at his side. When talking to HC owners at car shows, they are just so damn arrogant and at the same time know nothing about their cars. Now.......maybe this is just the local car show crowd, but it certainly left a bad taste in my mouth. After a few years these folks will move on to the next hot new toy and real enthusiasts will pick them up. That's when the fun will happen.

Agreed. I'm pretty sure that's what C5 was getting at.

On a side note, keep posting updates on these HC's. Love these cars!

Mike, I understood exactly what the guy said. Here you are doing the very same thing, lumping all HC owners into one category. That's bullshit, and I called him on it. Now you, too. How can you guys say you're any different from those "snooty" HC owners with comments like these? That kind of stuff leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

As a matter of fact, Lou Czarnota, the guy who built and does any major changes I make on my Buick is a Hellcat owner. He is one of the most down to earth people one could ever meet. Calls himself "Just a Polack with a tool box." Oh, and he sure as hell can turn a wrench. I already mentioned the great folks at Metco. They also are down to earth and nice as pie.

Mike, you know me and you know my capabilities. I'm no slouch when it comes to working on a car or making it look like a million bucks, either. I ask you, do you think OhioC can "feel" that fact in my posts, too?

By the way, OhioC, good luck with the car. Just because I don't agree with something you said doesn't mean I don't admire the fact that you have an HC and aren't afraid to work on it.

Last edited:
These Hellcats are built for people who love drag racing. Social media blew up about this car coming out and everyone expects it to be a very fast car on the street and strip. Somehow, people who bought these HC's just dont get it. Some lower the car for road racing. Some put lights all over like its F&F 7. Some guys lack the talent to actually shift the car if equipped with a manual. The list goes on and on. The spirit of the car is there...it lacks the true, die hard racer to actually wrench, innovate, and experiment to get full potential out of this machine. This will happen when the prices drop on used cars and warranty runs out.
For now, we will continue to see 95% of HC owners struggle until that time comes, but in the meantime, this is an opportunity for guys like us to show the true potential of these awesome cars.
You wont see missed shifts(A8), stupid lights, lowering kit, or any of that BS on my car...no..no.. This car will be launched from the factory freakin trans brake, front end up and blistering 60ft times that are unheard of, resulting in an elapsed time of Holy.Sh!t @ WTF? mph

These Hellcats are built for people who love drag racing. Social media blew up about this car coming out and everyone expects it to be a very fast car on the street and strip. Somehow, people who bought these HC's just dont get it. Some lower the car for road racing. Some put lights all over like its F&F 7. Some guys lack the talent to actually shift the car if equipped with a manual. The list goes on and on. The spirit of the car is there...it lacks the true, die hard racer to actually wrench, innovate, and experiment to get full potential out of this machine. This will happen when the prices drop on used cars and warranty runs out.
For now, we will continue to see 95% of HC owners struggle until that time comes, but in the meantime, this is an opportunity for guys like us to show the true potential of these awesome cars.
You wont see missed shifts(A8), stupid lights, lowering kit, or any of that BS on my car...no..no.. This car will be launched from the factory freakin trans brake, front end up and blistering 60ft times that are unheard of, resulting in an elapsed time of Holy.Sh!t @ WTF? mph

Simply said, this guy gets it and doesn't care what others think.

Well said! :cool:

You would actually trade your GNX for a Hellcat, are you off your meds? I'm messing with you only because a friend I grew up with sold the GTO "Judge" convertible he purchased for less than $30K, in the '80s to become a slum lord, saw his real estate take a nose dive while his GTO hit the $200K+ , he is still crying over that poor decision.

PS, He is also still crying over not loaning me the $3K to purchase a diamond in the rough, a Fiat "Dino" I found locally in '88 that is now worth over $100K.

Life is like a box of chocolates.
I know, I know.......the allure of the horsepower with modern conveniences is just to much. I've had the GNX for nearly two years now, and that's a long time for me to own a toy. Time to go on to something else....albeit some other legendary car or a new Hellcat......just have to buy/trade right to be able to keep on with the muscelcar sickness.

I know, I know.......the allure of the horsepower with modern conveniences is just to much. I've had the GNX for nearly two years now, and that's a long time for me to own a toy. Time to go on to something else....albeit some other legendary car or a new Hellcat......just have to buy/trade right to be able to keep on with the muscelcar sickness.
We share that trait, 2yrs and it is time to move on or expand the herd. Personally I would wait for the Trackhawk (Hellcat Grand Cherokee) so that 707 has four feet firmly planted. I would not be surprised if it outperforms the Hellcat in every aspect, 0-60, 1/4 mile, except top speed as bricks have aerodynamic hurdles :D.