i'm running fuel 116 need some advise please

villain1

if i'm running 116 should i us meth injection and can i get away with out running a inter cooler.

If you are running 116 octane you do not need the meth injection as far as knock goes. With out an intercooler you will become heat soaked. Now if you were to run straight meth as a fuel I believe you could get by without an intercooler.

i'm in Florida Naples the temp here changes allot but the car temp stay close to 160 to 180 if i drive it on the road

i'm running any where between 17 to 30 psi with a 70mm turbo i'm adding some more stuff to it like a blow off valve a 400 walbro , wide band o2 new header the old one are cracked just got some off ebay for 227 stainless steel headr the look good.

An intercooler is a good idea for a street car or a race car unless you are running 100% Methanol.... as stated earlier.

I wouldn't consider not running an intercooler even on 116 unless the boost was 20 psi or less..... just too much heat gets generated.

Add alky injection..... you might get away with it.... up to a point..... it would really be trial and error...

i think i'm put the intercooler back on but it clutter's up the engine bay i would like to find a front mount if some one has one for a good price

Why would you not want to run an Intercooler? Its almost free HP.

I can certainly understand wanting it out of the engine compartment & out of the way. Thats what front mounts are for. As far as finding a used one at a good price... Good luck. They do pop up every once in a while but you have to be patient & they usually aren't discounted that much. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet & buy new.

~JM~

i'm waiting on my turbo to come back from being redone. if i don't find one ill just buy a new one. ya there hard to find I've been looking for one for a while but still no luck i think i'm just going to have to buy one there still not that much but every penny saved would be nice.

i'm waiting on my turbo to come back from being redone. if i don't find one ill just buy a new one. ya there hard to find I've been looking for one for a while but still no luck i think i'm just going to have to buy one there still not that much but every penny saved would be nice.
I'm considering selling my front mount intercooler, unless I can reinstall the AC condensor with it inplace that the previous owner removed and threw away to install the front mount. I would need a good stock location one to replace it if I go that route, keep buggin me about it cuz I don't login too often.

your not going to be saving any pennies by buying ebay headers

even if you manage to get them bolted up , they will leak from the get go or soon after the install
thats the fist problem then the other issue is youll need a downpipe to clear atr style headers as most th style and stock wont work

and bov's are a waste of $,
better use of your money would be in data acquisition ...logging

fyi if you run on an o2 sensor they dont last long on c16 so there goes$$$ and plugs run under c16 need to be changed out frequently as performance degrades fast with high lead fuel..more $$

and c16 has nothing on a 93 and alky car as far as hp goes , that $15 gallon fuel gets to your wallet real fast

pacecarta said:
and c16 has nothing on a 93 and alky car as far as hp goes , that $15 gallon fuel gets to your wallet real fast

It does if the combo was built around C16 or any other high octane race fuel. it's actually not even close.