Im new to GN's and need some info on the motors

I just saw your sill full of seals! Did you teach ring toss at the shore?
Just kidding!
your seals look like the packing that goes into a hydraulic cylinder barrel then crush with a gland nut.
The rope seals that I put in years ago were actually 2 pieces of rope impregnated with something. No lip or anything. needed a chinese finger which I believe I still have to pull the top piece thru the block groove. the bottom piece you milled into place with the side of a socket. then cutting the ends off leaving the end slightly long, a couple of mm, so the seal can be squeezed or crushed together. Never saw them round with what looks like a lip. I guess everything changes!

Those are actually front seals. The NOS timing covers I build come with them installed. Step 1 is to knock them out and pile them up on my window sill :D
They are impregnated with some sort of black waxy graphite goo so some sort.

And yes, my Berkeley drive uses a packing gland system. You stuff Buick front seals in there and tighten them down until you get about 1 drop per second. lol

Use Yamabond on the end pieces and smear a 1 molecule thick layer across the back of the main cap parting line. With the seal cocked a little that will ensure a leak free rear main.

How do you measure that to make sure it's only one molecule thick

For your intended purposes I would use a forged rotating assembly and girdle the block for the sustained rpms. Billet main caps. High volume, high pressure oil pump, 7 quart pan.

You can use the stock iron heads that are ported and polished along with the intake. Head studs would be a good idea.

You wont need a wild cam with this, a good intercooler is a wise move. Beehive springs will help you out too.

A 60-1 turbo will work just fine to make 500 hp and then some. You will need an alky system for sure.

I would recommend a FAST unit for this. You will need the data logging for sure. Yes a stock chip will get you there but if it were me doing this, it would be an XFI.

Fuel pumps, injectors and a hot wire kit are mandatory if you dont have them already.

A good size downpipe and exhaust will be needed too. Unless you can run an open pipe which is always good.

What trans were you looking to run with this?

Personally i think you would be fighting from defeat if running anything like the typical 500hp build here in a runway race type of competition. It wont go very fast. A stock ZO would mph better. Our cars have to be launched, they sling shot out from 60' to about 120mph then are treading water after that. That applies to many of the combos.

For your intentions, you would need something more along the lines of a 8-sec stage motor race car with a chute and a very effective aero kit.

Personally i think you would be fighting from defeat if running anything like the typical 500hp build here in a runway race type of competition. It wont go very fast. A stock ZO would mph better. Our cars have to be launched, they sling shot out from 60' to about 120mph then are treading water after that. That applies to many of the combos.

For your intentions, you would need something more along the lines of a 8-sec stage motor race car with a chute and a very effective aero kit.
is that aerodynamics or just the power band on the engine?

a good point. Aerodynamics plays a big part in that type of racing.