I'm getting a new cell phone. Any suggestions?

i-phone 3g my favorite phone ever its like having a computor with u all the time my friend tells me there coming out with new 3.0 software u can send pic messages and forward messages also plus video recorder and they have apps for everything

OK I checked into the G1 and I really like that phone. It is NOT as nice as the iPhone but as I've already said I can do without the additional $30 per month that the iPhone mandates. The G1 does EVERYTHING I'm looking for a phone to do and I thank all who recommended that I look into that model for posting. The only reason I don't have it yet is that I now have to find out if I will have to pay that same additional monthly fee for the G1 as I would for an iPhone. T-Mobile says that it is mandatory to get the internet package through them when getting a G1. I didn't tell them that I'd be buying an unlocked version and using a different carrier as I don't think they would have appreciated that.:p So now I have to see if I'll have to supplement AT&Ts service package with an iPhone data package (+$30/mnth) to use the G1....if so I may as well get an iPhone.

Dude, wait till the 19th (Friday) and get the new iPhone 3Gs. or even the 3G they have now, it will drop in price to 99......for the 8 gig

Dude, wait till the 19th (Friday) and get the new iPhone 3Gs. or even the 3G they have now, it will drop in price to 99......for the 8 gig

The difference between the current iPhone and the new 3Gs iPhone is a software update. If you have the 3G iPhone and do the FREE software update yourself you'll have the same thing as what they'll be selling as the NEW 3Gs iPhone on friday. Now what will be changing things is the new 4G network. Its not being talked about much as far as I can tell because no one would spring for the expensive phones if they new a faster network was in the works and new phones were coming out to take advantage of it. There will be a 4G iPhone coming out and last I heard its going to be online in about a year. Thats not as soon as Friday but I don't want to get locked into a 2 year contract with anything that won't be able keep up with we know is coming out within 1 year. Maybe when the 4G system comes up I'll spring for the newest iPhone then.

the phones will b very similiar but not exactly the same (I have the iPhone 3g so I wish they were) the 3gS is going to have video record, a built in compass and is faster. The 3.0 update will have slot of things but not video (from what I've seen nor the compass) plus the 3gS is coming in a 32 gig model which is also a first

the phones will b very similiar but not exactly the same (I have the iPhone 3g so I wish they were) the 3gS is going to have video record, a built in compass and is faster. The 3.0 update will have slot of things but not video (from what I've seen nor the compass) plus the 3gS is coming in a 32 gig model which is also a first

Thanks for that info. I'll have to go slap that lying bich at the AT&T store in the face for telling me the 'bold faced' lies about how there will absolutely NO DIFFERENCES in the phones.:rolleyes:

No problem. yeah there has to be some kind of difference in the 3gS over the 3g or they couldn't justify charging 200 for it and dropping the current 3g to 99 bucks. It is a worthy upgrade for people that have the first model iPhone but since I have a 3g I will wait for them to come out with another model or two before I upgrade

You can find all the exact info on the apple website. I'm just going from memory (which isn't what it should b for me being 27;) )

Got the new phone. iPhone 3G-s in the 32gig size. Yeah I know I said I didn't want to spend anymore a month on the bill but after I analyzed my bill I saw that I was paying the same amount for the Blackberry data plan. The iPhone data plan replaced my old Blackberry data plan and my bill is exactly the same. I'm still wishing it had a full QWERTY keyboard but I'm sure I'll adapt. Thanks for all the input.

Good choice on the phone. I too have the 3Gs 32g version. It's nice to create videos although I download them to my computer and covert them to .mpg files before emailing them. I have all the remote support apps installed so I can perform work on customers servers while playing at chuck E cheese, walking around disney world or whatever. I am working on getting tethering working without making att mad. Then I will connect it to a netbook for 3g access to the internet.

does tb.com have a mobile web site?

I, too, was in the market for a phone.Every body just about that I deal with has att so I got on att.com and surfed around a bit. I ended up with a refurbished htc p4600. So far I like it. Screen goes horiz/verticle, has a slide out key board and the ability to use a touch screen key board does just about all that I want, just have to figure out the rest. I did have to sign up for two years but I would have anyways. It was free. The plan came with another line so I got the wife a samsung that has a slide out qwerty for just 9.99. It was a refurb too. She told me to get the squid one so I got him an LG VU I think it is touch screen and also refurb only 9.99 for the phone and 9.99 on the bill each month. Also got the unlimited text for 20 or 30. Quite handy And Internet on mine for 30 a mo. Total s out to about 150 a mo for the three lines.

I looked at all of them and the plans.

AT&T and an I Phone too much money.

T Mobile and the G1 more money and I am not happy with them at all.

Verizon did not like the Storm and I use an 8320 Curve now.

So went tot Sprint and bought a Palm Pre. I like the phone and the price for the plans as well. I will let you know what I think of it when it gets here.

I looked at all of them and the plans.

AT&T and an I Phone too much money.

T Mobile and the G1 more money and I am not happy with them at all.

Verizon did not like the Storm and I use an 8320 Curve now.

So went tot Sprint and bought a Palm Pre. I like the phone and the price for the plans as well. I will let you know what I think of it when it gets here.

I would not have picked up the iPhone if it weren't for the fact that my company pays for the entire thing every month. Even the apps I buy on it. Just too much for the average user to have to pay.

Why are we having this conversation, just wait till DSR Turbo-T is hammered and grab his cause

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybC7wOAeXpk[/YOUTUBE]