I'm done with nASScar!

Warped

No helmet required!
We were big nASScar fans. For the past several years we have been buying tickets for the fall cup race in Fort Worth. Christmas 07 my wife gets me a ride along for my present so I figure I'll go in the spring or fall of 08. Cool. February 08 I have a massive heart attack. Not cool So I heal up for a year and this spring I go back to the doc for a stress test and check up and pass it so I ask him is it ok to take a 160 mph ride and he says sure. Cool. Call up for my ride and they say it expires after 1 year, no exceptions. They are technically correct. Tough toe nails on the heart attack dude. $125 down the toilet. Thanks for all your help.

Last year my wife wants to watch the races on her computer so she signs up for some deal on nASScar dot com, $39.95. She can never get it to work and their "tech" people can't get it to work either. So she cancels the service.

On this month's credit card bill, now a year later on this service, we find another $39.95 charge for a renewal. The wife calls them up they "have no record" of our cancellation, the guy she's talking to can't refund the charge, he's not allowed to transfer her to someone who can. He can cancel the service though, (that worked so well the first time). He can take her request to someone else who will get back to her in 2-4 DAYS! I guess they have a large back log of complaints to handle.

Needless to say I'll be calling the card company tomorrow to dispute the charges. Needless to say we'll not be buying cup tickets in the fall. Needless to say we won't be buying any more nASScar merchandise and I'll turn what we have into shop towels.

With nASScar packing the stands, (NOT!), I guess they don't mind driving off a couple more fans. Just more money for the GN.

That bites!!!..................yep, they are just like the Govt, always ready to take your $$$........but giving it back is another story............glad you're doing better though. :)

Glad your doing better dude!

Only 125? I paid 450 and did 8 laps at Pocono. I drove though, 175 mph and 7200 screaming on the tach!! Best 450 I ever spent!!!

How do you make it through life?

You act like Brian France is on the other end of the phone.

They farm it out moron. Nascar itself only takes any profits and has zero to do with the collecting your money.

I bailed on NASCAR years ago.

Never ending rise in ticket prices... restrictor plates... cautions for "debris on the track" to bunch the field back up... never ending rise in ticket prices...

And now there's the Car of Tomorrow (Dorkmobile), giving people laps back just because, and an assinine playoff system... its like one step above the WWE. :rolleyes:

How do you make it through life?

You act like Brian France is on the other end of the phone.

They farm it out moron. Nascar itself only takes any profits and has zero to do with the collecting your money.

Nice...real nice. :rolleyes:

What does it matter that they farm it out? He still got scammed. If whoever they "farm it out" to is the culprit then they should change who they deal with.

Nice...real nice. :rolleyes:

What does it matter that they farm it out? He still got scammed. If whoever they "farm it out" to is the culprit then they should change who they deal with.

I agree.....the above post by rare t was childish.

So basically your only legitimate complaint is that you've had problems with the website and canceling the service?

I gave up on them years ago. Pretty much for the same reasons. And I used to go to every race at Ft.Worth since they built the track in 94 or 95? My brother lives in the area. But I guess Denton county needed my money more than the state of TX did. Got a speeding ticket there in 98 about 100 feet on that side of the county line. I guess Denton has a bug up their azz about the track being in Ft.Worth and not in Denton so every first Sunday in April every dick with a badge is out there hassling tourists. The Ticket you ask? 1 F'n MPH over the limit! $140 that I could have spread around the state in the form of food, trinketts and gas purchases. No more! I figure the state of TX has lost at least $6K of my business in that state. Oh and you know I b1tched up a storm about it. The only person who truely took the time to respond to my complaint was Bruton Smith. The guy who owns the track. I gathered there was a lot of bad blood between him and Denton.

I was at Daytona in 2001 when Dale Earnhardt died. That was the day the music died for me.

You know what's funny. I actually believed the racing was for real at one time. My wife always liked to argue with me about NASCAR being rigged like Pro Wrestling. And I would say it wasn't and I had some pretty good reasons why. Now when they call a caution for track debris with 5 laps to go I just turn the channel.

I was at Daytona in 2001 when Dale Earnhardt died. That was the day the music died for me.

QUOTE]

X3 NASCAR died with Dale Sr. Wonder what things would be like if he were still around?? As most Earnhardt fans did we put our allegience to Dale Jr, but he has turned out to be a poor pretender to the throne. Can't remember the last time I watched an entire race.

Heck!

I lost interest when they stoped racing the car bodys that you could drive off the dealers car lots. That, and restrictor plates:( .

I'd like to see pro stock go back to factory bodys too.

Mike B.

I lost interest when they stoped racing the car bodys that you could drive off the dealers car lots.

Old school > *

GR8L104792.jpg

I stopped watching when the "good ol boys" either passed on, retired, became team owners, or became announcers for TV...

Bring back "real" racing. Not the orchestrated BS. At least the Regal and MCSS body cars sorta resembled real cars back in the day.

Win on Sunday, sell on Monday. Too bad that you have no idea what the winner was driving, since it doesn't resemble a real car. The only clue is looking close enough for a brand symbol or model name on an otherwise generic bubble.

Sorry, I could just never get into watching guys drive around in circles for hours. Watching it in person is much more entertaining but watching it on TV is lust lame imo.

Then again, going straight down a drag strip for a few seconds is probably lame to many others I guess.

WRC is much better for entertainment value. Not to mention that the cars are quite a lot closer to resembling actual ones you can buy.

The only NASCAR races that held much interest were Sears Point, and Watkins Glen (which isn't that far of a drive from me...) At least they turn in BOTH directions. WG is actually a pretty nice track. My Cruiser club goes there every year for a show/BBQ/whatever kinda meet up. Best part of the event is that they let you lap the track in your Cruiser. (Although at reasonable, "their version of reasonable" :rolleyes: .... speeds.)

QUOTE]
As most Earnhardt fans did we put our allegience to Dale Jr, but he has turned out to be a poor pretender to the throne. Can't remember the last time I watched an entire race.[/QUOTE]

Yep, that one too.........:D

Ken

i blame Tom Cruise and Days of Thunder for NASCAR's demise.it was a long slow death that played out over a 20 year period.
Jeff Gordon came in right when NASCAR started going to crap, and he became the poster child for the "new" nascar when Rick Hendrick and DuPont made him shave the 'stache and chop off the mullet and drive a car with a freakin rainbow painted on it.
before makeover:
jeff92b.jpg

after makeover:
dihard24.jpg

i've never had anything against him as a driver becasue he is a clean driver that can get properly aggressive when necessary, but he was the one that got the "Cole Trickle" image makeover first, and i don't think there have been any real rednecks come into theCup series since then.
which is too bad- because what the people want to see is a bunch of rednecks out there duking it out instead of clean cut yankee pretty boys like Kasey Kahn, Jimmy Johnson, and Kyle Busch whining every time someone refuses to give them a spot and puts a scratch on their precious pretty car.