I'm creating flush mount quarter windows

I was ready to have my body guy do speedglass in my quarter windows but he went into the story of the speedglass blowing out of his pro street truck due to the adhesive not sticking well at all! he came up with a idea to take all of the trim off the windows and just leave the thin metal part then make the window pockets a 1/4" deeper so they would be flush and of course tighen the gap around them up also looks great however a good amount of bodywork involved. The ones your working on look great and direct replacements which is nice!

Ok, I solved the issue with the fasteners. I'm using an insert specific for thermo-plastics; this will allow the stainless socket screws to be installed easily and will evenly displace the rotational torque that is applied during installation of the nylocks.

I'm sending a dim correct piece I have created to my vendor for reproduction costs. They also offer a coating process that prevents scratching and repels water.

more to come . . .

Been watching silently and am waiting on results to see if it's practical or not. I hope it is and if you decide to market them we'd be more than happy to have you as a vendor on the board.;)

Update:

Things just won't slow down enough for me to really spend the time I want but a little progress this week even still.

I received the inserts on Friday to try out on the polycarbonate. They are thread forming (versus thread cutting) so once installed they will NOT come out. This will allow the stainless socket screws to easily be installed and solves the problem of fastening the quarter windows into the vehicle. I am also working with my vendor to produce the test pieces (dim correct) and provide pricing.

See photos of the insert installed. Its a little sloppy but it was purely for strength testing.

Attachments

• IMG_0542small.jpg
    IMG_0542small.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 536
  • IMG_0543small.jpg
    IMG_0543small.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 509
  • IMG_0545small.jpg
    IMG_0545small.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 510
  • IMG_0547small.jpg
    IMG_0547small.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 522
  • IMG_0548small.jpg
    IMG_0548small.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 532
I'm going to the paint shop right after the Christmas holidays and I'm in with this upgrade if available!

repainting the vehicle is not necessary if your only installing these windows. I will be showing how to prepare the area for the new window once everything is complete.

Update,

I sent the dim correct polycarb off with the factory glass to my supplier. They have created the mold and produced two pieces for testing. They will ship tomorrow morning back to me and I will perform some test fits and create a checking fixture for QA. The turn around time from my supplier was phenomenal to say the least. I can't wait to see how the piece fits. We are getting closer . . . . . .

Before he gets a price range let him get them back and test fit. I'd like to see this work but as of now he's not a vendor so I hope prices aren't discussed until everything is worked out on his end.;)

Price is not going to be discussed until I am a legit vendor here. Its pointless until then and would be disrespectful to the paying vendors who support the board.

With that being said things are looking good . . . Update:

Received the drape formed blanks back from the supplier. . . .they look awesome! I do need some help from anyone here who can offer. What I need is:

-on vehicle with quarter windows removed-
-2 Y-axis measurements from the attached pic (from upper body window radius to lower body window radius)
-2 X-axis measurements from the attached pic. (from left body window radius to right body window radius)

I need these measurements in millimeters from several cars so I can figure out the tolerance for the fit. Right now I'm running the gap a little loose (about 2.5mils around). I am also waiting for some more inserts to arrive so I can create final product out of the T-parts. Once I have what I believe is a good kit I will post photos and see whats needed to become a vendor. I'm glad to see there is a lot of interest and I want this to work badly.

Attachments

• Quartermeasurements.jpg
    Quartermeasurements.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 434
Price is not going to be discussed until I am a legit vendor here. Its pointless until then and would be disrespectful to the paying vendors who support the board.

With that being said things are looking good . . . Update:

Received the drape formed blanks back from the supplier. . . .they look awesome! I do need some help from anyone here who can offer. What I need is:

-on vehicle with quarter windows removed-
-2 Y-axis measurements from the attached pic (from upper body window radius to lower body window radius)
-2 X-axis measurements from the attached pic. (from left body window radius to right body window radius)

I need these measurements in millimeters from several cars so I can figure out the tolerance for the fit. Right now I'm running the gap a little loose (about 2.5mils around). I am also waiting for some more inserts to arrive so I can create final product out of the T-parts. Once I have what I believe is a good kit I will post photos and see whats needed to become a vendor. I'm glad to see there is a lot of interest and I want this to work badly.

McClean, has anyone provided you with the measurements you requested? If not, I can see this hitting a road block. If my car was coming apart for paint I would have already sent you the measurements. Hopefully all the interest people have shown so far, someone will send you measurements.