Ignition module

big reazon

After doing some mods my car now runs like crap. Added a cea 6262 dbb turbo and 3 " downpipe with matching turbo tweak chip. I used to have stock turbo and downpipe. dont have a boost gauge it wont be here until friday but I dont drive the car really since it is still a project but anyways here is the issue. Now that I put the new parts on with the new turbo tweak chip the car gets to about 4500 rpm and hits a brick wall like its hitting some kind of rev limiter. It did do it slightly with the old turbo but up higher in the rpm rang around 5600. Ohmed the coils and 1&4 and 3&6 read about 13.6k but 2 and 5 read at 1700k ohms. So I looked up the nos4gn stuff and will be getting the high output coil but when it comes to the module they says it will not work with most aftermarket tachs what is everyone's experience? I am running a dakota digital tach if that makes any difference.
http://www.nos4gn.com/servlet/the-810/Buick-Grand-National-ignition/Detail

I'd be worried about the car breaking up from all the new boost! I think those 6262's can be hard to control with an internal gate. Is your exhaust opening on the turbo ported? What style wastegate? I wouldn't go from stock turbo to that without a boost gauge and the factory boost controller may have a hard time keeping up if so equipped.

No exhaust opening on turbo is not ported. have integral waste gate with 1 and 3/8 puck. I even tried disconnecting the the actuator arm from the down pipe and it still does it. I know the boost gauge is vital so I haven't been driving the car other than when I found this issue.

You may still be overboosting with the wastegate arm off if it doesn't flow enough through your unported exhaust housing. The big puck doesn't do anything extra if the hole is too small. You need a boost gauge to know for sure but it sounds like you have that covered soon.

What module is everyone using some say ac delco is no good anymore and I cant swing for the tr6 at the moment. does anyone have a aftermarket tach and what ignition module are you using?

I have a aftermarket tach I only use ac delco modules. Recently switched to type 2 set up. They work great are more available and are cheaper. The other advantage is 3 seperate coil packs instead of the all in one on the oe.

RL

big reazon said:
What module is everyone using some say ac delco is no good anymore and I cant swing for the tr6 at the moment. does anyone have a aftermarket tach and what ignition module are you using?

Hey.... I have the high output coils from Highway stars. And my ignition module is the old Standard electric. I have an aftermarket tack in my car and it works. I get my tach feed from my ECM (white wire I think, the feed for Spark Module). I have had my tach wired that way since 1996-97...

'87 Turbo T w/E85, 224/224, ported iron heads and intake, 80 lbs injector, TE45A, GEN II, TT and EXTENDER EXTREME G, XP Double pumper and something secret, 86 T-TYPE (Kenne Bell test car) and '11 Tundra Limited Sent from my iPhone using Turbobuick