Ignition Module replacement

7d8

Hi All, I bought this 1984 GN about a year ago with 69000 miles on. I have been replacing things here and there due to old age. Well I replaced the coil pack last year and decided on replacing the module recently due to the leaking goo coming from the unit. The car ran fine with the old module but just looked bad with the the goo leaking from it. The part I purchased from Autozone was DR143, it looks similar to what is on the car , but now the car will not start. I did a search on the forum and it looks like this part is for a newer GN and requires an adapter harness or modifying the original harness. Can anyone direct me to the modifications to make this work as I am ? Thanks

You should just call caspers and tell them what you've got. They have always made the time to talk me through any issues I've ever had. You may find they have more things you might need. Fuel pump hot wire kit, headlight relays, stuff like that.

Be very carefully moving that old wiring
Hey Crashedout1, I didnt like the looks of the wiring, so I labeled everything that is coming out of the main harness , cut out the bad and soldered in new color coded replacement wire. At this point I am wondering if I should just solder on new pins to match the new module. When I first messed with this plug it was a little unresting due to the glue mess and some of the wires coming out of the plug were kinda frayed and unhealthy looking. Seriously, I have no idea how the car was even running before. One of the pink wires literally had one strand of wire holding it on. I feel good about the integrity of the wiring now it is going to 100% better than before.

Got the module plug rewired tonight with new wire and new pins. Hooked battery back up and car fired right up... I was surprised due to the fact I didnt replace my crank sensor. I bought a new sensor with bracket today just in case.