ignition control module

No sadly your wrong which I'm sure is not a first for you!!

1. You don't just have to use the module off a Turbo Regal. I mean come on GM never used the same parts on different cars. Try 87-88 Buick Century for example, they used the same D1996 Delco module (if they had the Magavox setup) as the 86-87 GNs (some Century’s used the type II which will directly plug up to your harness) that’s just 1 example I could go on and will be happy to if you need the info. So yes I could go today and come back with at every least 5 or 6 modules it cost me 2 bucks to get in and $5 for the module so I guess I lied 7 buck.

2. I don't know what type of testers Auto Zone uses I don't go there unless I need neon lights or steering wheel covers, but the one I use at Oreilly works fine I've tested 100 or more and never had someone come back and say it was my module after the tester said it was good and I never had someone come back after the module tested bad and said it was good either.. (no not all Turbo Regal modules or the same part # but 4 or 5 D1996 Delcos anyway. The trick is you need to test them 3 or 4 times to get the module hot because sometimes they work fine cold but once they get hot they break down. Yeah I know your Casper module tester does a good job but it's not the only one ever made that works!

Lastly my tip for the day. "It may help next time if you try to know what your talking about"

OK, Junior.... you got me.... Yep, you're correct, the D1996 module is not TR specific.... and yep, not the first time I've been wrong.... but I bet there's 20 if not 50 people here on this board that have had bad modules test good at any of the big box retail autoparts stores... Thanks for your vast experience (13 posts)... I'm sure you 'know what you're talking about'....:rolleyes: All Hail O'Reilly-Boy!! :p

OK, Junior.... you got me.... Yep, you're correct, the D1996 module is not TR specific.... and yep, not the first time I've been wrong.... but I bet there's 20 if not 50 people here on this board that have had bad modules test good at any of the big box retail autoparts stores... Thanks for your vast experience (13 posts)... I'm sure you 'know what you're talking about'....:rolleyes: All Hail O'Reilly-Boy!! :p

If posts were a sign of experience you'd be god, sadly they are not! I'm thinking you spend way too much time on the computer and not enough time in the garage, as for Oreilly I work there part time, but it has nothing to do with this conversation. Other than I try to help people by giving part# and the like trying to help them find what they need as reasonably as possilbe. You know sharing information!

I only started coming here for information, figured you guys were the go to guys for TR info, and I expected people who think they know everything because they spend their whole life in front of the computer and I expected people who actually do know most everything or close and those are the ones I'd like to find. Ease up man! I’m not trying to be an ass I’m trying to learn about TRs and help in the few instances when I can. If you must know I went to college for auto tech, I worked the field for 7 years in the 80s, and I have been in the AF as a aircraft mech for the last 24 years, I build/drag race bikes and cars. I bought a TR and love it, wish I’d have bought 1 back in the day instead of the 5.0 Mustang. As I said I’m here to learn….

I'll take one last shot at you for underhandedly admitting you were wrong and trying to belittle me in the process!

In my experience a man who uses the little smile faces things as much as you has masculinity issues!!

Really think about it....

Well I did go ahead and get my module tested at advanced auto and they said it was fine after running 3 tests on it. So I changed my crank sensor and nothing than I did my cam sensor still nothing. So I pulled a plug wire and put a plug in it and turned the key and I have no spark at all. I have tried two different coil packs so I doubt its that so it HAS to be the module right? I am going to get one from advanced and see what happens and if that is the problem I will need to find a delco unit.

So the one they have there is the BWD with the magnavox unit. I know the D1996 also had a magnavox unit so will this work ok? I know these cars are tempermental with anything but the ACDelco stuff but if they have the same magnavox unit will I be ok?

Ok so new module dosent make a difference either. Where does the ICM get its power from?