If you're considering a purchase from sparkplugs.com.....

rabidcoyote97

I needed to buy a new o2 sensor for my 87 GN. As I perused the board, Denso seemed to be the sensor of choice. I went to sparkplugs.com, saw their prices (which are CHEAP), and ordered one last Monday October 18th. As of today, October 26, I still have no part!! And to make matters worse, it cost me over $9.00 to ship it FedEx ground....which, by the way, happened to be their CHEAPEST method of shipment. I guess the moral of the story is you get what you pay for.....eventually.....maybe.....

That is weird, I just got my Denso for the wifes T the other day. I think it took like 3 days to get and it was cheap. I did not even pick up the phone, made the order on-line 3 days later I had it.Shipping was pricy though for such a small and light part.

No doubt about the price. I called another place that had the Denso o2 and it was twice the price as sparkplugs.com. I'm going to have to call and find out what the deal is. Did you find it odd that such a small part cost so much to ship? I had a radiator shipped to me from Illinois and it was $16.00.....whats the price to weight ratio on a sensor for $9????

Take a look you might be paying for "Shipping and Handling" it is a way for some people to make up for the low price of the item.

Originally posted by BOOSTBROTHER
Take a look you might be paying for "Shipping and Handling" it is a way for some people to make up for the low price of the item.

Yea, it probably only cost $2 for shipping.....the other $7 is for them to "handle" it....ya know, put it in a box, put your name/address on the label, and take it to the mailroom.

The good news is about 15 minutes after I posted the message, UPS showed up with the sensor. Sweet!

87buick, I don't think there is a thing wrong with the AC Delco units. All I would say is that the research I did indicated that the Denso unit was almost half the price and lasted considerably longer when running 100+ octane fuel than the competition. That was enough for me.

BOOSTBROTHER, you never know when it comes to shipping costs. According to the receipt, it only said UPS shipping. I'd tend to think you're on point with your observation, though.

Just some of my thoughts on shipping--

Hard to ship ANYTHING for $2 unless you use plain ol' regular mail. Priority mail is over $4 for ANYthing, and most "ground" shipping is pretty much the same. (and UPS ground is getting slower than a hotair with a seized turbo :mad: ) Like most people, I used to think "handling" was a bunch of bull$#it too---until I started shipping things regularly! It's amazing how long it actually takes to prep & package things for shipping. I spend at LEAST 1 hour of "handling" time for every $300 worth of product. And every hour I'm "handling" equates to $50-$100 I'm NOT making on the engraving machines. What Mark & I charge over the actual shipping costs doesn't even come CLOSE to covering my "intangible" costs. Fortunately my sister ("secretary") helps with shipping. Then there's the costs of padded envelopes, peanuts, odd-sized boxes, etc....

I DO think a $9 minimum is a bit steep to send an O2 sensor that probably only needs an address label attached to it. But I CAN relate to shipping costs in general....