If you had a chance what Job would you really like to have?

Little6pack

I know we all dream about this on a daily basis.

I would love to be the host of MYTH BUSTERS. Where else can you act like a kid & destroy stuff.

I want to work at a high performance auto shop or for a racing team. It sounds fun in theory, but everyone I know that does it hates it for the most part. My uncle is the head fabricator in his dept. at Ganassi Racing (the target indy cars), and he works at least 70 hours a week and never gets a day off. I think he averages 80 hours a week. Every time he gets a day off they call him in. My other uncle is the manager of the "show" dept. of Smirnoff racing. He flys all over for shows and events. He can be gone weeks at a time. He did get thousands of dollars of liquor for his wedding free though.:D

I just like the idea of actually being interested in my work, and being happy and proud of what I do. I'd like to build or help build cars that win, whether on the track or the street.

I got to have two dream jobs. One was working for BRE, when they won the 1970 SCCA Championship, and then later at a shop that did R+D engine developement.

The down side to both were, wages. The education I got, was priceless, and working with the like of Pete Brock, Mac Tilton, John Morton, John Caldwell, was incredible. The R+D shop had a few PhDs, some of which were the greatest teachers in the world, and a few well, they thought themselves too good to share their knowlege. Being able to start with an ingot of AL, and cast, machine, and dyno my own work was the most gratifing job I've had.

Having those experiences, sure helped thou, in the long term. Mechanicing was just soo easy after seeing how things all worked together.

Now, the plan is to learn Assembly Language at get good at actually writting ecm code.

2.) King of England

I mean really, what the hell does the royal family do except live a life of excess on the public dole....and they LOVE you for it!

Taste tester @ the Molson brewery!

I made up a line like that once at a electrical / maintenence product show. They had name tags printed up to wear, and mine said " SAMPLER" and bottom line "MOLSON BREWERY" .

I got a little tired of wearing it as everyone wanted to stop you to talk about your cool job. Then one guy started asking me a bunch of questions like " how do you clean your kettles and such".

I said "after a day of sampling how the hell would I know".

A weather woman..

Here are my reasons:

1) You can be wrong 100% of the time and still get a paycheck.

2) Everybody , whether you are right or wrong, seems to love you.

3) People seem to stay up late just to watch you at night and you are the last thing they see in their mind before sleep.

4) Your qualifications are this, have the ability to point at a blue screen.

5) I don't know about where you all are, but out here they are all pregnant , so they are getting some too.:eek:

Best job in the world..

Bruce
WE4

My dream job changes on a yearly basis. Right now I would like to be a Test Engineer for any company with an interesting product (aftermarket auto industry?). I am currently trying to get on with a Tier 1 auto supplier or a manufacturer as a Quality Engineer. It sounds like a neat job to me now, but I am sure the pressures of working in the auto industry will be rough.

Then there is...

The weather woman now comes in a close second.

I think my #1 choice after thinking about it would have to be the Stud Bull we have out in the pasture. Rough life.

Only negative aspect of that job is you HAVE to do the ugly ones too....:eek: ROFLMAO

Bruce
WE4

Driving around in a Co, caddy, drinking beer, making sure all the road signs are correct, making 250,000 yr.

In my dream job I would be a test driver for "The Big Three" at the proving grounds or Nurinburgring in Germany. If I just wanted money I would second what justasix said Bill Gates job.

I would be a knight at mideval times. How cool would that me i would go to work and sword fight. not to mention joust and the best part is the bar wenches. I would love it. harry