If you had 30K to buy a new Car/Truck what would you buy?

A Lightning after tax is over $34k..If I had to go new, I'd get a Cobra. $30k and under, maybe an RX-8

Originally posted by TTA89
I won't mess with the lightning, I learned my lesson on the LS1. If my TTA gets done I won'y have a desire to mess with the lightning :p

LOL! Can we make that quote a stickie? I don't believe that for a second! ;) :D

Lightning sounds like a nice choice, I like those. Also what I would consider, and hope to get in a couple years:
1. used Silver C5 Vette Couple 6-speed
2. 2005+ Cobra

I say if, you don't need a truck don't get one. I like the Infinite z35, any Audi. You'll probably laugh at me,but I also like the mini.

I think a Cobra is suffient enough to pull the TTA to the track..:D :D :D

Originally posted by GNSCOTT
A Lightning after tax is over $34k..If I had to go new, I'd get a Cobra. $30k and under, maybe an RX-8

Actually invoice is 29,907, the dealers are dealing on them. I'll get one for 500 over. Close enough to 30K for my question ;)

Originally posted by GNSCOTT
Wanna buy my Lightning????:)

Nope, I want a new one. No more used Performance cars for me.

And yes I do want a truck so I can tow my car if I want as well as haul things around.

Wow, 30k

I'd get a '66 nova put a Merlin/World products 454ci small block:D
add a TPI and centrifugal supercharger. Think that would work??

It is nice to dream.........

Originally posted by substock
not really to big a fan of the lightnings.
i'd get either an extremely nice syclone or typhoon...or maybe both

He wants something to tow his TTA to from the track---you can't even pull the trailer that car would be on:rolleyes: with one of those.Trust me----i have had one of each.

Geoff

WRX Sti
Lancer EVO VIII
03 Cobra
used 02 ZO6 and put an ATI blower on it
TT Supra
downpayment on a ZR1 Vette
03 Lightning
Dodge SRT4
hardtop/cloth TTA
GNX
350 Z with comp pack
M3 coupe

Make sure you test drive one for a day. The L is my wifes and she loves it. It hurts only seating 3 uncomfortably. The thing I don't like about my L, is the seating position. To me, no matter how I position the seat, it seems like i'm leaning too far foreward.

Hey, does that mean this dealer will go $500 over invoice on a new Cobra?? Round here, SVT dealer may go $1k below MSRP.

I wouldnt buy a Ty or Sy, Not really my thing, the Lightning blows its doors off and can haul 6000lbs. Too old to daily drive anywyas.

I have 14 SVT dealers in my area, they all have lightnings sitting on the lot and with gas hitting 2 bucks a gallon I can't see people walking in and paying sticker. I have 1 dealer that will go 1000 over.. I know Ill get one to go 500.

The Cobras are going for around sticker from what I heard, one dealer had a Cobra conv for 5K over. I laughed, who would sticker nevermind 5K over.

Just keep in mind, although the towing rating is 5000, it is a very scary ride long distance hauling that. With A GN and a trailer you will be using that entire tow rating empty with no passengers unless you get an alluminum trailer. A U haul will put you over the edge. It is the best all purpose vehicle out there though, and it accelerates IMHO exactly like a stock GN, just a little faster.

He wants something to tow his TTA to from the track---you can't even pull the trailer that car would be on with one of those.Trust me----i have had one of each.

sorry that was my bad, to earlier in the morning to think straight. i know about the towing for the syty's, i have had 2 sy's. maybe you should look into getting a used deisel truck?? just a thought.

I want something fun to daily drive, its going to be towing my car maybe twice a year. A diesel truck isnt as fun as a Lightning to drive back and forth to work with ;)

The original post said a "new 2003" vehicle. Somebody correct me if I am wrong, but does that not exclude Syclones, Typhoon's, F-body's, and anything that was not built in model year 2003?

Go over to the Ford F-150 site. You may be able to get an X plan # from someone. You can save big$$.
I towed my GN from Denver to Houston Then to Vegas and Reno a little over a year ago. It did great.Sold the L so I could get a house. It was fun.

Originally posted by TTA89
Figure you can afford 30K on a 2003 Vehicle what would you purchase?

:D

i put 18K down on a 02 dodge dually last april-
thank god its a cummins diesel and i have a truck that will beat a few mustangs here and there :)

i would have bought a 03, but the 02's were on sale for 32 :)

tonight a 2001 dodge 3/4 ton cummins with 98k went for 13K on ebay-
i really think it went for way too cheap- maybe it was wrecked?

buy a diesel, and love it for another 500k :)