If anyone wants my hydro-boost setup I'll give it too them via labor exhange.

GlockandRoll

If they put it back to the electric power master that I had. I wish Disco-STU had never talked me into that.
It was a brand new unit and he "claimed" that it went bad while at his shop and talked me into a hydro-boots conversion that has never ran right.

He had never done it before and dont think he knew what he was doing, and probably needed the powermaster for himself and took me for being a chump.

If anyone local wants to put it back the way i had it if I buy the power-master, they can have my hydroboost, I dont like it.

Brakes stick, pedal doesn't return all the way.
I think I'm just so pissed off that he ripped me off that I just want it back the way it was so I dont have to think about him anymore.

This sounds like something is hanging up in the plunger area. Do you know what parts were put in? Did he use a different pedal set-up?

Same thing happened to mine. Any...and I mean any small particle of dirt or rubber can cause the hydroboost valve (plunger) to stick. You just need to dissasemble the valve from the hydraboost and clean it.

Someone else can worry about it.. it is coming out of this car.
I'll destroy it on youtube with a sledgehammer if I have to rip and replace myself for the cathartic satisfaction of it all before I trouble shoot it.

Someone else can worry about it.. it is coming out of this car.
I'll destroy it on youtube with a sledgehammer if I have to rip and replace myself for the cathartic satisfaction of it all before I trouble shoot it.

You will feel alot better when you smash it with the sledgehammer. I did that to my 2 cycle craftsman weed wacker that never ran right from day one. I thought the little lady was going to leave after she seen me do that. I would throw a vacuum set up on it.

I still do work out of the house since I closed the shop down. Feel like driving up to Hillsboro?

You may want to check your MC. I know more than one person has been given the wrong one. Some of them have a weird snap ring in the bore that will hang up on the piston in the booster. The result? Pedal won't come back up and your brakes stick.

You may want to check your MC. I know more than one person has been given the wrong one. Some of them have a weird snap ring in the bore that will hang up on the piston in the booster. The result? Pedal won't come back up and your brakes stick.

Thanks, but by the time I trouble-shoot this, I'd wish I had just put it back stock.
I get mad at Discostick for leaving me hanging w/this every time I even think about it. He probably needed one and figured since he had my car 100 miles away that I wouldn't have any way of knowing it was, or was not, bad. That's the impression I get anyway based on his behavior the last few times I had any interaction with him.

Yeah, I understand where you are coming from. I'd be frustrated in your position too. I hope everything works out for you in the end. I just wanted to throw that out there since it would by a $30 fix if your MC ends up being the wrong one. If you pull it off and look at it, there might be a snap ring with some tabs on it, which is not correct. Turbonut85 had a picture on the forum at one time but I can't find it in a search. He swapped in the correct 1984 TR MC and was fine.

Yeah, I understand where you are coming from. I'd be frustrated in your position too. I hope everything works out for you in the end. I just wanted to throw that out there since it would by a $30 fix if your MC ends up being the wrong one. If you pull it off and look at it, there might be a snap ring with some tabs on it, which is not correct. Turbonut85 had a picture on the forum at one time but I can't find it in a search. He swapped in the correct 1984 TR MC and was fine.

And I thank you. If you or anyone else finds that thread I'd appreciate it.
The search function here, well.. you know.

Do you need a powermaster or something? I'm sorry about this man. Sometimes people can be douches.

I have a working PM that I'm not really in need of since I want to convert to manual brakes. You can see a pic of it in my build thread in the E85 section-1st methanol street car w/ stock ecm.

I'd be more than happy to help a fellow buick guy out. All I'd want for it is to cover the cost of a new manual brakes master cylinder (I think the total is like half of what a PM in mine's condition goes for). If I could save you a few bucks I'd be glad to.

Do you need a powermaster or something? I'm sorry about this man. Sometimes people can be douches.

I have a working PM that I'm not really in need of since I want to convert to manual brakes. You can see a pic of it in my build thread in the E85 section-1st methanol street car w/ stock ecm.

I'd be more than happy to help a fellow buick guy out. All I'd want for it is to cover the cost of a new manual brakes master cylinder (I think the total is like half of what a PM in mine's condition goes for). If I could save you a few bucks I'd be glad to.

Thanks man, sorry for responding so late.
I may be interested in that if I cant get this working using the steps above.

I'd prefer it just be back stock, so there is a good chance I'm interested.

PM/eMail me for further follow up if you dont mind.

If you decide to bring it up send me a PM and we'll see about getting it done, but I thnk 1quick6 may be right here. Do a little checking and see what you find out. :)

Supposedly, that's the thread DS used when he ordered these parts.
I really wish I would have driven over to take a look at it, and trusted him enough to not even think about asking for the old parts.

My mistake.