Idle to high

turboteet

Hello everyone just a quick questions. I went to the DMV the other day for inspection and was told my idle was too high. The idle was 14k. What's the normal idle for cars and how can I get it there?

A formula one car idles at about 14,000 RPM. If a buick attempted to turn 14K it would sling parts. in a very wide pattern.

More to the problem. Post up data from your scan tool (you do have on right?) Particularly the values of IAC, TPS and BLM at idle.

Haha oh I see my apologies, I added an extra 10k it's idling at 4k. I don't have any proper scanning tools yet. I'm new to the world of HA. I've read the basic/how's to turn it down but add no clue on what it was saying. You veterns are probably banging your head saying here we go again with a new guy haha

you can't set it without a scan tool. And if it's idling at 4000. I'd look for something on in or under the throttle.

Oh okay, thanks for the info. I'll clean the tb suggested in the basics on vortex and see what's happens. Thanks for the help