86 T,Starts up. Idle goes up then dies,have to keep foot on gas to keep running
Cleaned the throttle body & IAC
Changed Vacuum lines & Vacuum body on top throttle body
TPS Set at .40
IAC gets down to 25

te63
50 # injectors

ED

The IAC motor should move the pintle valve in and out to control the idle. If tps is set right check the operation of the IAC how is the FP during this.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Fuel pressure?
Maf?
Ses light?

Remove the IAC but leave it plugged in. Have someone bump start the car. You should see the iac pintle move. Making sure it actually functions is primary to cleanliness.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

Did you ever solve this problem? My 87 is also doing this. So far we have done the following, new plug wires, new plugs, new TPS, new IAC, new heated O2 sensor, tried a new MAF, 3 different ECU's and 3 different chips, fixed the exhaust leak. Looked for vacuum leaks and going to block off the EGR.

Sailbird, Fuel pressure?

Then I'd go to the iac as suggested above. It needs to be clean but it is a very sensitive spring and if it gets stretched or crushed a new iac might be in order.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Cleaned the housing and installed a new IAC, no change. IAC is 13 and TPS is .42. This is what Mike at Full Throttle thought it was also.

Did you check it for function as suggested above? There are some tight passages up in there to get clean, sure you cleaned it all out?
Coil new? Checked for resistance(how many ohms between posts?)
Wires ohmed out?
Plugs still look good?
Fuel pressure holding when car shut down? Leaking injector(s)
Just swinging in the dark here.

Did you ever solve this problem? My 87 is also doing this. So far we have done the following, new plug wires, new plugs, new TPS, new IAC, new heated O2 sensor, tried a new MAF, 3 different ECU's and 3 different chips, fixed the exhaust leak. Looked for vacuum leaks and going to block off the EGR.

My problem was the chip,put a different chip in,& it ran good