idle air bleed

v6tsportcoupe

82 sport coupe
anyone know the factory setting for idle air bleed on a em4e ?got my carb rebuilt and don't know if he adjusted. and or how do you adjust this?

thanks george
82 sport coupe

Attachments

• e4mc idle.JPG
    e4mc idle.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 132
thanks ,i have the kit. do you know the settings?

The airbleed is for fine tuning the mixure. Up makes it leaner, down makes it richer. Use a digital dwell on the green diagnostic clip and try to get it near 30-35 degrees in drive.

It's slow to respond so take your time. Also, make 1/8 turn increments, (it's a fine adjustment so too much will be overkill either way).

Don't you just use a big screwdriver after you get the cover off?

I've never messed with it, but it won't idle latley and I don't think I have a vacuum leak. I was thinking of playing with this. (Other than the idle, it runs great).

Don't you just use a big screwdriver after you get the cover off?

Yep, screwdriver...any flat type. That won't solve the problem though. Idle is controlled by the mixture control seloniod.

That's were it gets a little complex to diagnose. I've never seen a code just for a bad mixture selonoid. It's usaully a combination of 02 sensor and mix when the ECM throws a code.

Any codes?

Good point on the O2 sensor. I keep forgetting that. I've run a lot of lead thru the engine, sensor is probably just lazy.