Identify this Turbo

benoitthegr8

Sociopathic TR Ownership
I picked this up the other day in a trade, I was told it's a T-netics 60-1, it does have a T-netics comp housing, hot side and center section, not sure if it's JB or BB. Any help would be appreciated, also if you could ID the turbo please give me an idea of supporting mods, thanks...

Ben
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

It's a Turbonetics 60-1 with a 4" inlet and 2 1/2" outlet. I can't tell you if it's a JB or or BB. I'm sure more knowledgeable people on the board could tell you. I have the same turbo sitting in a box in my garage and mine is a BB. Hope this helps.

I picked this up the other day in a trade, I was told it's a T-netics 60-1, it does have a T-netics comp housing, hot side and center section, not sure if it's JB or BB. Any help would be appreciated, also if you could ID the turbo please give me an idea of supporting mods, thanks...

Ben
View attachment 261143 View attachment 261144 View attachment 261145 View attachment 261146 View attachment 261147 View attachment 261148 View attachment 261149 View attachment 261150 View attachment 261151

Sorry about the two different posts. I wasn't able to upload any files in the original post. This was on my previous/original motor. I rebuilt the top half of the motor. Champion aluminum heads, 218/212 hydro comp cam, 10 converter with a 3k stall, 60lb. injectors, Aeromotive A-1000 fuel pump, Turbonetics 60-1, Turbonetics Racegate wastegate. I prefer an external gate over internal. Better control and more responsive. Motor made 493 fly wheel hp at 18lb. of boost. I bought this turbo several years before I had the motor work done, (dumb) otherwise I would have bought a bigger turbo, but since I already had it I thought I would try it. If I remember correctly, I don't think you can run a lot/high boost with this turbo. I'm sure more experienced people on the board would know. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 154.JPG
    154.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 121
  • 153.JPG
    153.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 133
  • 155.JPG
    155.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 109
  • 156.JPG
    156.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 117
Sorry about the two different posts. I wasn't able to upload any files in the original post. This was on my previous/original motor. I rebuilt the top half of the motor. Champion aluminum heads, 218/212 hydro comp cam, 10 converter with a 3k stall, 60lb. injectors, Aeromotive A-1000 fuel pump, Turbonetics 60-1, Turbonetics Racegate wastegate. I prefer an external gate over internal. Better control and more responsive. Motor made 493 fly wheel hp at 18lb. of boost. I bought this turbo several years before I had the motor work done, (dumb) otherwise I would have bought a bigger turbo, but since I already had it I thought I would try it. If I remember correctly, I don't think you can run a lot/high boost with this turbo. I'm sure more experienced people on the board would know. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply, I'm talking to the folks at Turbonetics to see if I can get the turbo updated to one of the newer wheels and thus make it more efficient. Funny how these turbos where the best thing in buicks since sliced bread about 15 years back and now these older turbos most people won't use as a door stop.