Ideas on mounting switch plate in non-console car

ULOSE2A6

Hi,

Anyone have a creative idea on where I can mount a switch plate to hold about 4 switches on a car that is bench seat without the center console? Looking for something that would complement the interior and not stick out like a sore thumb.

Thanks
Shev

What do you have for options in the lower left and right panels of the dash? We can always put switches in those panels if you are willing to make some clearance for them. Are you using a radio and heat still? We can put switches in our radio delete plates as well.

Hi Mark,

I'm still using the radio and I was trying to avoid putting the switches on the sides of the dash piece but I may not have much choice, I do have the rear defogger switch on one side but I have to see what else is there.

Any other suggestions welcomed.

Shev

I was gonna say ashtray also. Or could put them in the glove box, depending on what the switches actually do may make it inconvenient though. If you don't move your seat forward or backwards could put them right underneath you. Just depends on function and what you like, lot of options.

Do you need access to the switches daily? Do you need to reach them for track use?

Bryan

An ashtray is a pretty kool idea, a buddy of mine had suggested that too.

I would be wiring up the switches for the electric water pump, fuel pump, line lock, eventually a transbrake and an aux.

the trans brake will be difficult to reach in the ashtray at the line...

Bryan

the trans brake will be difficult to reach in the ashtray at the line...

Bryan

make the one for the trans brake a 2 prong plug in the ashtray next to the other switches, with a switch on a cord that you can plug in and attach to the steering wheel or shifter handle with velcro... or just rewire the cigarette lighter for that and plug a switch in there..

Run your line lock through the horn button and the transbrake through the bright light switch. the others you can hide in the ashtray.

Hey Shev, I saw a limited regal at upullandpay with a perfect dash bezel that you can do any mods to if you don't have any lying around. It's wood grained but putting all the switches neatly in the dash keeps it simple and very accessible...

I ended up putting two toggle switches in the panel directly beneath the steering column, where the crotch vent is. It is pretty hiden when you look in the car and there is actually room for me to mount more there, but for now the two I have there works great and it is easily accesible while cruising/on the fly. Ha.

I like the idea of routing the transbrake through the high beam switch. I took out the cruise control set up under the hood so I was thinking that that I could possibly convert that switch to something. I already have the line-lock switch set up so that is one less thing to worry about. I am still considering the ashtray ideas too, since that is pretty neat and does tuck away factory like.

Regards,
Shev

Hi,

Anyone have a creative idea on where I can mount a switch plate to hold about 4 switches on a car that is bench seat without the center console? Looking for something that would complement the interior and not stick out like a sore thumb.

Thanks
Shev
I've been trying as well to come up with something slick for my bench seated, non-consoled Regal for toggle switches. Thanks for posting this topic! Hey Mark@TR.. Any chance of you guys producing a clean looking ashtray toggle panel for us non-console guys?

Thanks,
Johnny