Idea for a new show....

JimP

A buddy of mine is looking to get an older classic car, he has shown me dozens of ads, sent me dozens of links. What amazes me is the HP numbers these sellers are claiming their cars make. Example an '85 350cid, with new gaskets installed in an 81 Monte Carlo, guy claims 500HP, does not list much engine work, parts etc....

The basis for the show, call the advertiser, go see the car and show up with a mobile dyno, strap it to the dyno and call their BS. Man, I'd love to see the looks on their faces when these 450 + hp cars make 135HP to the wheels! I'd watch it, you?

Last edited:
Here's an example of one AD. (He dragged me out to see this car 81 Monte Carlo)

Looking for raw muscles and style? Say no more!
Great set-up in a classy retro marine blue interior with bucket seats and power windows, custom dash....too many to list.
That's a low 12secs car on the 1/4 mile, really nice to drive around.
Specs and details:
Motor = 358cc
(350cc from 1985 K10) .40 bored over. Opened, inspected, cleaned, all gaskets changed in 2011. 4000km since that job, approx 500HP with 750CFM Holley double pump street/racing carb. Approx 470HP with 650CFM Edelbrock street carb (installed right now). Both carbs are almost new.
2011 4core aluminum radiator with independent electric fans.
Holley competition independent electric fuel pump.
Power steering AND Power brake!!! Line lock installed, but not connected for street legality.
2011 MSD Distributor, Coil and 8.5mm spark plug cables.
Aluminum heads with Victor Jr intake.
Transmission: TH350 restored in 2011 with 2012 2500RPM stall converter on bearings. Shift-Kit with the B&M Quick Silver Ratchet shifter.
Differential 3.73 ratio, drive shaft 4’’.
Suspension: Hotchkis gas shocks, Beltech coils and dropped spindles, total drop front 3’’ and rear 1’’. Direction system fully restored in 2009. Airlift (Air bags in coils to counter torque in rear axles, the car drives solid, stable and straight).
Recent Dual exhaust galvanized 3’’ to 2.5’’ through Flowmaster Comp Mufflers.
Floors and frame are A1, rust free, coated.
2013 Freshly painted custom fiber glass hood with 4" cowl induction scoop.
2013 New windshield.
Brand New Street Radials 295mm wide at the back.
15" Corvette Rally wheels.
2012 Interstate High performance Battery.

Here's an example of one AD. (He dragged me out to see this car 81 Monte Carlo)

Looking for raw muscles and style? Say no more!
Great set-up in a classy retro marine blue interior with bucket seats and power windows, custom dash....too many to list.
That's a low 12secs car on the 1/4 mile, really nice to drive around.
If you haven't run it and can produce some slips it ain't a 12sec car unless they are mistaking 1/4 for 1/8th. What a line if bs. 500 hp, we just have to bolt this other carb on, what a delusional dreamer.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I despise, hate, and really dislike reality shows. But I'd watch that one!!!

And another:1980 Trans Am.
Ready to race. Car is in great shape.77 front clip. 350 small block engine. 500 plus hp. Has a fuel cell in the trunk. Has b&m. Slap shifter. Mds egnition coil. Electric fan. Line lock. New rear Mickey Thompson road slicks
Engine runs great. Tranny is strong but leaks. Doesnt slip. Body and undercarriage in good shape. Interior is complete. Red in color. Car can be made road worthy with little effort
I'm not sure on all the details of the engine and the rear end. I've never raced it. I bought the car as it sits.
No time for the car.
Must sell.
No low ballers please.
Pictures taken September 2013.
Stored indoors.
$3,000. No trades.
Call or text
(XXX)-241-6547

Whose going to.pay for owners engine when their professionally built pos blows up just trying to get the car on the rollers lol

Lol my car runs 12.xx and I know I am nowhere near 500hp in the GN. So a built 500hp engine is only going for 3500 now and not road worthy where do these guys come from