Iasca and USAC champion

grocerygetter

So, I have decided to open my GN to the market...it has been featured in car audio and electronics...been in press releases for Hybrid Audio Tevhnologies, Focal, and Mosconi. If anyone is interested in a multiple championship build for sale with some go fast goodies to boot...I can bump out some pictures, links or details. I'm looking for 20k....which barely covers the audio. Thus, why I don't know if I can post this in for sale as it really appeals more to someone here.
87 gn...3rd owner, but actually second....it stayed in the family.
125k miles. Everything on the car is very nice except the paint is probably a 30footer. I did a partial vinyl wrap to let it fly. It still looks good enough to draw tons of photos at shows.
Go fast goodie list is about every bolt on...if anyone is truly interested pm me.

DSC06919.jpg

I'm trying to see if I know how to post pics...LOL

DSC06898.jpgDSC06731.jpg
The amp rack is removable...this also gives you an example of the detail level of wiring behind the scenes. The subs are also removable....we weighed everything. With subs and amprack out, you drop 110lbs.

I will post a better resolution photo of the trunk so you can see the finish materials...vinyl, suede, and carpet are all used. The best console pics (router, tablet PC, radio controls) are in the magazine feature. The car utilizes stock equipment cooling plus three 145cfm fans circulating interior air through the processor rack and amp rack then exiting trunk by the bumper. The processor is a highly modified Rane RPM26z (was 110v pro audio, now 12v).

and excuse the peeling taillight trim in the trunk shot...I repainted it later...but I also have new tailights, gaskets, and a lot of other stuff as well as stock seats.

My name is John Sketoe...my email is johnasketoe@conwaycorp.net...feel free to email me or google my results with IASCA and USAC. I have won more, but this car has been in the lanes since late 07. It has won:
USAC
2007 runner consumer advanced World Finals
2008 consumer advanced World Champion
2009 pro advanced runner up
2010 (year off)
2011 supermod sq World Champion
IASCA-INAC
2008 Amateur National Champion
2009 Pro runner up
2010 Pro National Champion

The car has won many regional titles and local shows...I just figured I would list the big ones. Note...I didn't start IASCA until 08...so my track record there was a dream of mine for years...kind of my bucket list. Thus, the car is for sale. I have owned it 7 years and I really love it, but it is time to move on.

photo.jpg
I know...crappy cell pic from during USAC FInals tear down in Shreveport a couple weeks ago. I will try to roll the car out of the shop tomorrow and take some pics and post them.

The awards appear well deserved. Nice.

I feel cheated. I mean you have this very nice GrandNational and you are winning IASCA and USAC competitions and here is this website all about GrandNationals and we aren't getting any of the stories/pictures associated with those victories. It would have been awesome to see the build and competition of this car shared on here. Don't take this the wrong way as I am not angry or anything....I'm jus' sayin' it would have been awesome to see it come together. Congratulations on having the nicest GrandNational I've ever seen (from an audio standpoint). Goodluck with the sale.

So Shane, are you bringing this car to Bowling Green?:)

Thanks guys. I appreciate it. If I get some time tonight, I'll post some build log photos. Todd Crowder of TCAudio in Benton, AR has been the installer. The car has had on going upgrades and revisions since it hit the lanes late in 07.
It's always has one of the top sound scores at the event. That's my area is tuning really. I don't take the car to anyone to tune for me...I do that. But the input from people with ears I trust has been key to the car sounding the way it does now. Many have had input along the years. Also, some of the judges out there really stand out and those guys know the evolution of your car on both install and sound.

DSC06883.jpgDSC06873.jpgI couldn't post my Keynote presentation if I tried. It's huge. LOL 126 slides I think. It is the full build log however. I'll hit some unique points. You saw the amprack and how it is removable. I'll show you processor details next. It is a Rane rpm26z. This is a pro-audio piece converted to 12v that does everything. 2 in and 6 out. There have been a handful of mods done to it. Image Dynamics power supplies, output voltage regulator changed out for something more efficient that produces less heat...etc. below the processor you will see a power filter (1of4 in existence). This is the same thing as a proaudio piece (panamax 110v line conditioner). This was made by JK Labs for myself, John marsh, and Scott Buwalda. Caps and coils make a filter to maintain constant, non-spiking/fluctuating voltage before the processor. You run power and ground through it.
The two passive crossovers to either side were custom made 24db slope units. Fully bi-ampable with tweeter attenuation. These are working the kick panels. No steering of time allignment is needed between the kick tweet and midrange...so this was a perfect place for these.

Let's do sub-enclosure design. This thing is really involved...3 piece enclosure utilizing the spare tire well. Total of around 3.5 cubic feet for the Focal 33kx's. These subwoofers are the cleanest and most controlled I have ever tuned on. I could never convince myself to spend the money on subs like these until I heard them. WOW...get the enclosure right and they blend seemlessly and the subs 'stage' out on the hood without fail.
DSC06491.jpgDSC06567.jpgDSC06578.jpgDSC06669.jpgDSC06638.jpg

DSC06545.jpgDSC06546.jpgThe subs are installed in machine threaded inserts so they can be removed time and again without wearing out the wood lip of the enclosure.

console data center next...The Samsung tablet PC motorizes up and down so that you can get a hand on it and lift it out with ease. The Sony c90s volume, power, source, and track controls were moved to the front of the console for ergonomics while at listening position (If you didn't notice, the seat are repositioned quite a bit). Also in this console is a router. The router creates a wifi hub from the car to allow wireless tuning and monitoring of the car from up to about 400 feet. maybe down to 300 feet if it is a big city with lots of interference. You will have to watch the You Tube video I linked or the CAE article for pictures of this...I copied the entire page into Keynote and it is saved there. Also the motor design is very trick and a 'cat' I don't want to completely 'let out of the bag'.

We get points for extreme amp cooling and whatnot...everything is under plexiglass in this install, everything also has its own, quiet, cooling devices. We added three 145cfm fans channelling interior air through fire resistant brake ducts (like what NASCAR uses) from the rear deck, through the processor rack, down through the amp rack, and out of the car.
DSC06863.jpgDSC06565.jpgDSC06605.jpgDSC06830.jpg