Iac

jtfab1

How do you go about cleaning your idle air conrol valve, and can it affect your engines performance when on the throttle, as well as at idle? And does it regulate your idle in both park and gear, or only one of those?

Thanks, Tyler.:confused:

Ok, but do you just take it out? is there any thing that is going to fly apart? what should i look for if I take it out which may be causing a problem?

I hve a scan master, and no, I haven't adjusted anything. Just been trying to drive and enjoy it!

I should have pointed out as well, that my turbo went, and puked a good amount of oil through the system. When I put it on the road 4-6 weeks ago, I had just installed a new TA-49.

Would the intercooler be choked up from dust and oil?

Sorry, I also ran injector cleaner in the tank the first time out. Intially it smoked a little, but seemed to have cleared itself out.

Does the IAC affect the way the motor runs at both idle and when driving as well? Both if operating properly or improperly?

iac which stands for "idle air control" valve comes to play only at idle or throtle blades closed (acts as a air-bypass) and it shouldnt affect driving ..